DO WAMC and help with school list.

Started by Gbtse123
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Gbtse123

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cambodian/Vietnamese
CA Resident

Cumulative GPA: 3.47
AACOMAS SGPA: 3.30
AMCAS SGPA: 3.35

Decent extracurriculars/clinical experience/leadership positions/letters of rec.

Currently doing a DIY Post Bacc, improving my EC's and looking to apply next cycle!
MCAT set for January/Feb 2018

What MCAT score would I need to be competitive for DO and what schools should I be targeting? I'm
asking since I am only taking a few classes for my DIY post bac just to fulfill pre-reqs I didn't complete during undergrad. I don't expect my sGPA to drastically change with a few courses. I'm really putting all my eggs into the MCAT. Thanks in advance!
 
500+ new DO schools
505+ most DO schools
508+ any DO school

Take some upper div science classes over the next year to raise your sGPA. Even if your final numbers don't budge, they'll still see you aced a year of hard classes.