WAMC/Help with finalizing school list

Started by zndgi007
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

zndgi007

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, which schools should I add or delete? I am hoping to stay around 25-30max.

3.85c, 3.7s, 505 (127,124,127,127) GA resident. Asian

~1950 Research hours; 5 pubs

~500 leadership hours

~131 shadowing hours (multiple specialties)

~569 clinical hours (~250 underserved focused)

~406 nonclinical volunteering hours (48 underserved food bank)

*I'm not sure if i should add UIC, FIU, other NY schools or even remove NOVA MD?

UGA

Emory

MCG

Mercer

Morehouse

Meharry

Wayne State

Albany

EVMS

VTC

Penn State

Rosalind Franklin

MCW

Vermont

Quinnipiac

Temple

Greenville

Wake Forest

Nova Southeastern

Drexel

Hackensack Meridian

Thomas Jefferson

Oakland Beaumont

PCOM Georgia (DO)

PCOM South Georgia (DO)

Nova Southeastern KPCOM (DO)

LECOM Bradenton (DO)

VCOM–Auburn (DO)
 
Several of the schools on your list are unrealistic with a MCAT of 505. Meharry and Morehouse mainly admit applicants from the African American community.
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Medical College Georgia
U Georgia Athens
Mercer
Belmont
Methodist
NOVA MD
Wake Forest
Alice Walton
Roseman
TCU
Ponce (St. Louis)
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Eastern Virginia
Drexel
Penn State
Temple
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
You have a good DO list. You could add CUSOM and ACOM.