WAMC and School List Help Please?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HollowJ@1

Reaction score
N.A

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Submit to Vermont today. You are in the "on time" to "late" zone to verify your application for interview consideration for rolling admissions.

Why do you want to attend a 3-year track?

I suggest adding these schools to your application:
Albany
Quinnipiac
Tufts
New York Medical College
Hofstra
Einstein
Rochester
Boston University
Hackensack
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Pittsburgh
Georgetown
George Washington
DSuke
USF Morsani
Miami
Tulane
St. Louis
Northwestern
Western Michigan
U Michigan
Cincinnati

Members don't see this ad :)
Submit to Vermont today. You are in the "on time" to "late" zone to verify your application for interview consideration for rolling admissions.

Why do you want to attend a 3-year track?
Thank you! I will make sure to submit today. The only reason I have for a 3 year program is just because by the time I theoretically matriculate, I would have 4 gap years, and the specialties i am interested in can be done with a 3 year. I am not set on attending a 3 year program by any means, just looking around. Thanks for sending that link as well!

Albany
Quinnipiac
Tufts
New York Medical College
Hofstra
Einstein
Rochester
Boston University
Hackensack
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Pittsburgh
Georgetown
George Washington
DSuke
USF Morsani
Miami
Tulane
St. Louis
Northwestern
Western Michigan
U Michigan
Cincinnati
Thank you for taking the time to create this list, I appreciate it!

Have you submitted your primary AMCAS application yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you submitted your primary AMCAS application yet?
Just submitted today and I know this is bad, but just hoping to be verified by labor day, as secondary completion before then will not be a problem.

Reactions: 1 user
Albany
Quinnipiac
Tufts
New York Medical College
Hofstra
Einstein
Rochester
Boston University
Hackensack
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Pittsburgh
Georgetown
George Washington
DSuke
USF Morsani
Miami
Tulane
St. Louis
Northwestern
Western Michigan
U Michigan
Cincinnati
Thank you for taking the time to create this list, I appreciate it!
Hi Faha, I had a question. I am very interested in schools in TN, but the only connection I have is visiting a couple of times in Knoxville. Would it be a waste of time to apply to east Tennessee and university of Tennessee? Also, is vanderbilt out of the question? Thanks for looking at this!

You could try Vanderbilt but the Tennessee state public schools admit very few non residents with no connection to the state. You can do your residency in Tennessee if it appeals to you.

You could try Vanderbilt but the Tennessee state public schools admit very few non residents with no connection to the state. You can do your residency in Tennessee if it appeals to you.
Thank you! I will just try for Vanderbilt then, knowing that it is a far reach but hopefully not a complete donation

Hi Faha, I finished going through the list you gave me and will be applying to the majority you mentioned. These were the last schools I was thinking of adding. I would be grateful if you let me know what you thought. Loma Linda, South Carolina Greeneville, Medical College of Wisconsin, Upstate Norton, Colorado and Stanford. If you think any of these are just a donation, please let me know. Thanks again for all of your help :)!

Medical College Wisconsin and Colorado are worth trying. Stanford is not realistic and South Carolina and Upstate admit very few non residents with no connection to the state.

Medical College Wisconsin and Colorado are worth trying. Stanford is not realistic and South Carolina and Upstate admit very few non residents with no connection to the state.
Quick question regarding upstate, my girlfriend of 5 year's family lives in Syracuse and I planned on living with them if I enrolled at upstate, would that count as a good enough connection to apply?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Quick question regarding upstate, my girlfriend of 5 year's family lives in Syracuse and I planned on living with them if I enrolled at upstate, would that count as a good enough connection to apply?
You can try but the school may or may not see that as a connection for the purpose of medical school admissions.

Albany
Quinnipiac
Tufts
New York Medical College
Hofstra
Einstein
Rochester
Boston University
Hackensack
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Pittsburgh
Georgetown
George Washington
DSuke
USF Morsani
Miami
Tulane
St. Louis
Northwestern
Western Michigan
U Michigan
Cincinnati
Hi Faha, Just going through the secondaries and I wanted to confirm. When you said Miami, did you mean in addition to Miami miller I was already planning to apply to (see original post), to also add Florida International in Miami? Or were you duplicating what I said in my original post? Thanks!

I did not mean Florida International (they admit only ~20 to 25 non residents each year.
Hi Faha. Just got my Casper score back and it was 3rd quartile. I know they say don’t base your school list on a Casper score, but are there any schools I should take off that u suggested?

Hi Faha. Just got my Casper score back and it was 3rd quartile. I know they say don’t base your school list on a Casper score, but are there any schools I should take off that u suggested?
Then I'll say it: don't change your school list because you got 3Q on Casper.

Hahahahaha, ok, thanks!
Then I'll say it: don't change your school list because you got 3Q on Casper.
Hello! Finally verified and got all my LOR in! I am adding schools and had a question for those that have a letter limit like drexel and hackensack. I have 5 letters which are:
1. professor and academic advisor
2: PI/professor from undergraduate research
3: Supervisor from college job (my strongest LOR imo)
4: physician from current job
5: Advisor from a service activity

For Drexel, they have a 4-letter limit and leave it up to interpretation.
For Hackensack, they want a doc, a professor and 2 others up to interpretation.

What would be your suggestion on how to choose the letters? Thanks for looking at this!

Hello! Finally verified and got all my LOR in! I am adding schools and had a question for those that have a letter limit like drexel and hackensack. I have 5 letters which are:
1. professor and academic advisor
2: PI/professor from undergraduate research
3: Supervisor from college job (my strongest LOR imo)
4: physician from current job
5: Advisor from a service activity

For Drexel, they have a 4-letter limit and leave it up to interpretation.
For Hackensack, they want a doc, a professor and 2 others up to interpretation.

What would be your suggestion on how to choose the letters? Thanks for looking at this!
Uh... give them what they want?

Uh... give them what they want?
Right, but my question is about the ones up to interpretation. How should I choose what to give and what to not? Sorry if I was not clear before. Like are some types of letters more valuable than others?

Right, but my question is about the ones up to interpretation. How should I choose what to give and what to not? Sorry if I was not clear before. Like are some types of letters more valuable than others?
I prefer the simplistic solution: give them 1-4.

I prefer the simplistic solution: give them 1-4.
Hi Mr.Smile12, I have a question regarding secondaries. I am trying to submit before Labor Day and was wondering if in a "why this school" prompt, it would be strange to name a research lab I wished to join since it aligns with my mission. I got feedback saying this may be off-putting since it is so specific.

Hi Mr.Smile12, I have a question regarding secondaries. I am trying to submit before Labor Day and was wondering if in a "why this school" prompt, it would be strange to name a research lab I wished to join since it aligns with my mission. I got feedback saying this may be off-putting since it is so specific.
This would be fine to include in a why this school essay, it would show you have read about the school & what types of research are being done there.

It's not a huge deal. Just hope the lab doesn't move when you start school. I would say there should be more because you could (more easily) apply for a research job in that lab.

It's not a huge deal. Just hope the lab doesn't move when you start school. I would say there should be more because you could (more easily) apply for a research job in that lab.
That is a great point regarding the research job aspect. I definitely have more reasons for the why us prompt outside of research that I speak to, but for the research point itself, it is hard to see what else to talk about besides the specific research going on itself.

Hello everyone, at the request of @Mr.Smile12, I wanted to give a quick update on my cycle so far. Thanks to everyone for your help throughout this process :). Very grateful for how things have turned out and hopefully financial aid can help clear things up haha.

I have been accepted to:
MCW
Creighton
Cincinnati
UPitt

Waitlisted at:
West Virginia

I have interviewed and am awaiting a decision:
Cornell
Quinnipiac
Larner
Brown