WAMC/ Application Review - NV URM, cGPA 3.67

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

p3m

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am writing this post asking for advice on what I should improve on my application. Are my stats good for applying to in-state Nevada schools? That's where I would prefer to go, but I would also appreciate other schools to add that are reachable for what I have as of now. Thank you!

1. cGPA: 3.67, sGPA 3.74 (Upward trend in the last 2 years)
2. MCAT: Haven't taken but getting 511 on FL's
3. State of Residence: NV
4. Undergraduate Institution: state school, Neuroscience major graduated 2023
5. Demographic: Mexican male
6. Clinical Experience:
  • AEMT: 6 months full time (ongoing)
  • 50 hours CNA (per diem)
  • 200 hours Phlebotomist (per diem)
7. Research: None
8. Shadowing:
  • Oncology: 100 hours
9. Non-Clinical:
  • Food pantry: 200 hours
10. Extracurriculars:
  • Violin: playing since age 12, play for my church choir
School List:

UNR
UNLV
TUNCOM
(I need a bit of help in developing this school list, but my #1 pick would be UNR)

Members don't see this ad.

Let us know when you get your official score.

I presume your other clinical employment is outside oncology? Primary care is included?

Connect with LMSA chapters at the schools you want to attend. I would consider the Arizona schools if their LMSA chapters think you would be desirable and for their mission (and vice versa). UCLA-Drew would also be possible to me.

Let us know when you get your official score.

I presume your other clinical employment is outside oncology? Primary care is included?

Connect with LMSA chapters at the schools you want to attend. I would consider the Arizona schools if their LMSA chapters think you would be desirable and for their mission (and vice versa). UCLA-Drew would also be possible to me.
I'll for sure let you know my official score.

I do work with oncology patients sometimes, especially at my phlebotomy job. I'm not understanding your question on primary care. Also, would schools care if I am a fluent Spanish speaker?