WAMC Applying June-NY resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BulletProofDiscipline

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Date of submission: planning to be June (for upcoming cycle)
Overall GPA: 3.75
Science GPA: 3.65
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.65
DAT score (include AA and all sections):

QR: 450 (21)
RC: 430 (22)
Bio: 440 (21)
Gen chem: 430 (20)
Orgo: 480 (23)
Sciences: 450 (21)
PAT: 530 (24.5)
AA: 450 (21.5)
State of Residence: NY
(Attend highly regarded NY state school)

Major: Biology
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 120 hrs (mostly general, some OS)
Volunteering Experience: 500+ hrs crisis textline and a dental outreach mission trip
Employment: Assisting Peds, 2 different general offices, and OS (1000+ hours total)
Research: 1 presentation at the end of this semester
Other Extracurriculars: few leadership positions in clubs, advising position, TA for multiple classes over 2 years
Have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at any dental schools? Yes at stony Brook, Touro, Rutgers pre-dent programs
Relevant Honors or Awards: Deans list all but 1 sem
LOR type and strength: committee letter (1 generic letter, 1 strong letter, and 1 extremely strong letter) + extremely strong letter from Dentist
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: strong story for why dentistry and very cohesive narrative across application
School list:
Stony Brook (goal)
Buffalo (goal)
Rutgers (goal)
Touro
Maryland (not very interested)
UConn (not very interested)
Lecom (not very interested)
 
Date of submission: planning to be June (for upcoming cycle)
Overall GPA: 3.75
Science GPA: 3.65
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.65
DAT score (include AA and all sections):

QR: 450 (21)
RC: 430 (22)
Bio: 440 (21)
Gen chem: 430 (20)
Orgo: 480 (23)
Sciences: 450 (21)
PAT: 530 (24.5)
AA: 450 (21.5)
State of Residence: NY
(Attend highly regarded NY state school)

Major: Biology
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 120 hrs (mostly general, some OS)
Volunteering Experience: 500+ hrs crisis textline and a dental outreach mission trip
Employment: Assisting Peds, 2 different general offices, and OS (1000+ hours total)
Research: 1 presentation at the end of this semester
Other Extracurriculars: few leadership positions in clubs, advising position, TA for multiple classes over 2 years
Have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at any dental schools? Yes at stony Brook, Touro, Rutgers pre-dent programs
Relevant Honors or Awards: Deans list all but 1 sem
LOR type and strength: committee letter (1 generic letter, 1 strong letter, and 1 extremely strong letter) + extremely strong letter from Dentist
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: strong story for why dentistry and very cohesive narrative across application
School list:
Stony Brook (goal)
Buffalo (goal)
Rutgers (goal)
Touro
Maryland (not very interested)
UConn (not very interested)
Lecom (not very interested)
what have your target schools and touro told you about your application chances?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Didn't you meet them at the predental events you attended? Have you maintained your connection?
I have not, but I have their contact information. I am not sure what’s considered the proper etiquette? Like what would I email to them, you cant just ask what are my chances or anything I can improve right? Im not sure what is allowed or considered overstepping. Id greatly appreciate if you could share.
 
I have not, but I have their contact information. I am not sure what’s considered the proper etiquette? Like what would I email to them, you cant just ask what are my chances or anything I can improve right? Im not sure what is allowed or considered overstepping. Id greatly appreciate if you could share.
email and ask to have a call/zoom/in person meeting to discuss your interest in their school...