MD WAMC cGPA/sGPA 3.9+/3.9, MCAT 99%, ORM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adyndgus

Reaction score
"Please do not quote for privacy. Thanks"

ORM, T20 graduate, 1 gap year
Resident: North-East
GPA: cGPA low 3.9, sGPA 3.9
MCAT: 99%

Research: 1400+, honors thesis, conference poster (2nd author), one publication (2nd author); another ~400 hrs of clinical research in progress

Clinical volunteering: around 300 hrs (hospital volunteering, Covid-related)

Non-clinical volunteering: 300 hours ( social justice organizations, STEM education assistance, Red Cross etc.)

Shadowing: 100+ hrs (several specialties including primary care)

Leadership: President of student organization, member of College student administrative bodies, supervisory position at work

Work: 1400+ hrs (quarter time last 3 years of college and 1 summer)

Have applied to 30-ish schools as follows:

Harvard
Yale
NYU
Columbia
Duke
Stanford
JHU
UPENN
Wash U
Vanderbilt
Northwestern
UMich
Icahn
Cornell
UCLA
UVA
Ohio State
U Cincinnati
BU
Albert Einstein
Miami Miller
Wake Forest
UMASS
UCONN
Stony Brook
Rutgers
NYMC
Loyola
Tulane

Still wondering about Tufts, GW and Georgetown in the mid tier. Do I have too few lower tier schools? Is my current list enough?
Can somebody knowledgeable like FAHA, Goro (or anybody else) please comment on chances of getting interviews and accepted into one of the top or middle-tier schools?

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your list is appropriate for your application, you should get interviews from it, you don't need to add more. Make sure that you've applied to all your in-state schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Your list is appropriate for your application, you should get interviews from it, you don't need to add more. Make sure that you've applied to all your in-state schools.
Thank you Banco. I do worry a bit about my ECs. Its never clear what is adequate or appropriate. Do you see any issues relative to either top, middle or low tiers?
Any inputs from Faha or Goro?

Members don't see this ad :)
They won’t be alerted to your post unless you @ them
@Faha @Goro

Your app is strong. Good luck. Only thing I’d say is apply to all your state schools in case that yields significant scholarships but you might not need to do that.

Thank you Banco. I do worry a bit about my ECs. Its never clear what is adequate or appropriate. Do you see any issues relative to either top, middle or low tiers?
Any inputs from Faha or Goro?

No issues, now it just comes down to how you sell yourself on essays/interviews.

"Please do not quote for privacy. Thanks"

ORM, T20 graduate, 1 gap year
Resident: North-East
GPA: cGPA low 3.9, sGPA 3.9
MCAT: 99%

Research: 1400+, honors thesis, conference poster (2nd author), one publication (2nd author); another ~400 hrs of clinical research in progress

Clinical volunteering: around 300 hrs (hospital volunteering, Covid-related)

Non-clinical volunteering: 300 hours ( social justice organizations, STEM education assistance, Red Cross etc.)

Shadowing: 100+ hrs (several specialties including primary care)

Leadership: President of student organization, member of College student administrative bodies, supervisory position at work

Work: 1400+ hrs (quarter time last 3 years of college and 1 summer)

Have applied to 30-ish schools as follows:

Harvard
Yale
NYU
Columbia
Duke
Stanford
JHU
UPENN
Wash U
Vanderbilt
Northwestern
UMich
Icahn
Cornell
UCLA
UVA
Ohio State
U Cincinnati
BU
Albert Einstein
Miami Miller
Wake Forest
UMASS
UCONN
Stony Brook
Rutgers
NYMC
Loyola
Tulane

Still wondering about Tufts, GW and Georgetown in the mid tier. Do I have too few lower tier schools? Is my current list enough?
Can somebody knowledgeable like FAHA, Goro (or anybody else) please comment on chances of getting interviews and accepted into one of the top or middle-tier schools?

Thanks in advance
Rock stars gotta aim high.
Delete NYMC, GW and Gtown; they'll resource protect you out. Tufts is OK
Delete Rutgers if you're not from NJ
Ditto for U Coon if you're not from CT
ADD:
Emory
Hofstra
UCSF
U VM
Baylor
UCSD
Pitt
Keck

Rock stars gotta aim high.
Delete NYMC, GW and Gtown; they'll resource protect you out. Tufts is OK
Delete Rutgers if you're not from NJ
Ditto for U Coon if you're not from CT
ADD:
Emory
Hofstra
UCSF
U VM
Baylor
UCSD
Pitt
Keck
@ Goro
Thanks a lot.
You gave me very important feedback on the mid to lower tiers - Tufts, Lolyola, Tulane over GW, GTown, NYMC etc.
As for Baylor and UCSD I thought chances are low as OOS and being resource and time limited skipped on those. Thinking about them again. I will certainly apply to Emory, Hofstra, UCSF, Pitt and Keck now. UCSF is still not considering MCAT though.