WAMC- Dental school cycle 26-27

Started by Merilyn24
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Merilyn24

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2nd time applicant from 25-26 cycle. Improved 2nd time DAT attempt in all areas except QR and RCT. Same score on those sections.
2nd attempt DAT scores from 06/2026: QR:350, RCT: 380, BIO:430,GC:380, OC:450, SNS:420, PAT: 360, AA:400
cGPA: 3.57, sGPA: 3.68. bachelors of interdisciplinary studies to be awarded 12/2026. Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) Associate of Science awarded 05/2020. Local anesthesia certification awarded 01/2024
Volunteer hours: 263, GP dental shadowing: 142, Perio speciality dental shadowing: 50, Employment as RDH: 9450
Ga resident, planning to submit next week once I receive final LOR. Any suggestion on top 5 schools? (More the merrier) My current list (mainly choosen because of typically considered OOS friendly and holistic schools due to lower side of DAT): DCG,LECOM,VCU,NOVA,MIDWESTERN ARIZONA
Should I consider 3rd attempt DAT retake?
Help! Please and thank you!
 
Last edited:
2nd time applicant from 25-26 cycle. Improved 2nd time DAT attempt in all areas except QR and RCT. Same score on those sections.
2nd attempt DAT scores from 06/2026: QR:350, RCT: 380, BIO:430,GC:380, OC:450, SNS:420, PAT: 360, AA:400
cGPA: 3.57, sGPA: 3.68. bachelors of interdisciplinary studies to be awarded 12/2026. Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) Associate of Science awarded 05/2020. Local anesthesia certification awarded 01/2024
Volunteer hours: 263, GP dental shadowing: 142, Perio speciality dental shadowing: 50, Employment as RDH: 9450
Ga resident, planning to submit next week once I receive final LOR. Any suggestion on top 5 schools? (More the merrier) My current list: DCG,LECOM,VCU,NOVA,MIDWESTERN ARIZONA
Should I consider 3rd attempt DAT retake?
Help! Please and thank you!
please fill out a full WAMC template...
 

List both your DAT attempts.

Any community service?

Where did you apply last cycle? Did you have any interviews from last cycle?

What feedback have you received from your prehealth advisors? Have you attended any on-campus or virtual recruitment events before this cycle?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you very much, updated with correct format.
Date of submission: 2026-2027 (not submitted yet), 2025/2026 cycle-07/01/2025
Overall GPA: 3.58
Science GPA: 3.68
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 4.0: Received an A for all of those pre-req courses
DAT score (include AA and all sections):
1st attempt from 06/2025: QR:350, RCT: 380, BIO: 390, GC:370, OC:390, SNS:380, PAT: 350, AA:380
2nd attempt from 06/2026: QR:350, RCT: 380, BIO:430, GC:380, OC:450, SNS:420, PAT: 360, AA:400
State of Residence: Georgia

Undergrad Attended: Georgia State University (GSU)
Major: Bachelors of Interdisciplinary studies to be awarded 12/2026
Minority? Yes, ethnicity: Hispanic/Latino, first gen.
Reapplicant? Yes, 2025-2026 cycle. I did receive kira talent from DCG and PNWU. Spoke personally with DCG over the phone on 01/2026. They told me only red flags were Low DAT and recommended to do a 2nd attempt and no bachelors completed yet. (For background applied with 120 credits). They had no reports for anything else. She also said my Kira was very well spoken. Attended IOWA reapplicant Webinar but was generalized for everyone reapplying. They were not offering personal responses.
Nontrad? Yes, Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) Associate of Science awarded 05/2020

Shadowing Experience: GP: 142 hours, Perio. Specialty: 50 hours
Volunteering Experience: 102 from DH program 2018-2020, 161 hours acquired 2024-2026 mix of senior center facility, different food pantry locations, science education activity for kids
Employment: Employment as RDH: 9450 hours
Research: Conducted a literature-based research project examining the effect of periodontal treatment on patients with rheumatoid arthritis in 2020 (30 hours), GSU Research Skills Workshop Series through the Honors College in 2024 (14 hours)
Other Extracurriculars: Dental Hygiene Class President 2020
Have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at any dental schools? Impressions day at Dental college of GA-02/2025
Relevant Honors or Awards: GoTu Best in Dental Award (2026)- Recognized for excellence in patient care, reliability, professionalism, and leadership. President list at GSU for the following years: 2017,2024,2025,2026 Deans list at GSU for following years: 2015,2016
LOR type and strength: General Dentist (employer and whom I shadowed), Periodontist (employer and whom I shadowed), Gen. chem lab instructor for 1 and 2, Bio. 1 lec. professor. For schools that accept unofficial letters I have 2 LOR from two General Dentist. I assume strong since connection and communication is strong. I opted out to access of all official LOR
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: Retook Survey chem 1. (Dental Hygiene pre-req) Original Grade C in 2016 and retake course A in 2017. 1 C in Dental Hygiene program during summer course. Completed all clinical competencies however, multiple patient-no shows affected grading outcomes due to clinic-based evaluation structure. I developed time management and problem solving skills by having more open communication with patient on attending their dental hygiene visits.
School list:
DCG
LECOM
VCU
NOVA
MIDWESTERN ARIZONA

Having trouble with school list. I know I have to be strategic and apply broadly. Financially I can apply to about 12 schools. Ideally I think 10-12 is a good range?
Additional question: Should I consider 3rd attempt?

Last cycle schools:
DCG- invited to kira- rejection 12/2025
PNWU-invited to kira- rejection 12/2025
IOWA-deferred but then received rejection 12/2025
University Buffalo- no response

Up until this point I have received an email rejection letter response
NYU
RUGTERS
MARYLAND
LECOM
ARTHUR DUGONI
UNLV
University Michigan
UPenn
 
Last edited:
Thank you very much, updated with correct format.
Date of submission: 2026-2027 (not submitted yet), 2025/2026 cycle-07/01/2025
Overall GPA: 3.58
Science GPA: 3.68
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 4.0: Received an A for all of those pre-req courses
DAT score (include AA and all sections):
1st attempt from 06/2025: QR:350, RCT: 380, BIO: 390, GC:370, OC:390, SNS:380, PAT: 350, AA:380
2nd attempt from 06/2026: QR:350, RCT: 380, BIO:430, GC:380, OC:450, SNS:420, PAT: 360, AA:400
State of Residence: Georgia

Undergrad Attended: Georgia State University (GSU)
Major: Bachelors of Interdisciplinary studies to be awarded 12/2026
Minority? Yes, ethnicity: Hispanic/Latino, first gen.
Reapplicant? Yes, 2025-2026 cycle. I did receive kira talent from DCG and PNWU. Spoke personally with DCG over the phone on 01/2026. They told me only red flags were Low DAT and recommended to do a 2nd attempt and no bachelors completed yet. (For background applied with 120 credits). They had no reports for anything else. She also said my Kira was very well spoken. Attended IOWA reapplicant Webinar but was generalized for everyone reapplying. They were not offering personal responses.
Nontrad? Yes, Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) Associate of Science awarded 05/2020

Shadowing Experience: GP: 142 hours, Perio. Specialty: 50 hours
Volunteering Experience: 102 from DH program 2018-2020, 161 hours acquired 2024-2026 mix of senior center facility, different food pantry locations, science education activity for kids
Employment: Employment as RDH: 9450 hours
Research: Conducted a literature-based research project examining the effect of periodontal treatment on patients with rheumatoid arthritis in 2020 (30 hours), GSU Research Skills Workshop Series through the Honors College in 2024 (14 hours)
Other Extracurriculars: Dental Hygiene Class President 2020
Have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at any dental schools? Impressions day at Dental college of GA-02/2025
Relevant Honors or Awards: GoTu Best in Dental Award (2026)- Recognized for excellence in patient care, reliability, professionalism, and leadership. President list at GSU for the following years: 2017,2024,2025,2026 Deans list at GSU for following years: 2015,2016
LOR type and strength: General Dentist (employer and whom I shadowed), Periodontist (employer and whom I shadowed), Gen. chem lab instructor for 1 and 2, Bio. 1 lec. professor. For schools that accept unofficial letters I have 2 LOR from two General Dentist. I assume strong since connection and communication is strong. I opted out to access of all official LOR
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: Retook Survey chem 1. (Dental Hygiene pre-req) Original Grade C in 2016 and retake course A in 2017. 1 C in Dental Hygiene program during summer course. Completed all clinical competencies however, multiple patient-no shows affected grading outcomes due to clinic-based evaluation structure. I developed time management and problem solving skills by having more open communication with patient on attending their dental hygiene visits.
School list:
DCG
LECOM
VCU
NOVA
MIDWESTERN ARIZONA

Having trouble with school list. I know I have to be strategic and apply broadly. Financially I can apply to about 12 schools. Ideally I think 10-12 is a good range?
Additional question: Should I consider 3rd attempt?

Last cycle schools:
DCG- invited to kira- rejection 12/2025
PNWU-invited to kira- rejection 12/2025
IOWA-deferred but then received rejection 12/2025
University Buffalo- no response

Up until this point I have received an email rejection letter response
NYU
RUGTERS
MARYLAND
LECOM
ARTHUR DUGONI
UNLV
University Michigan
UPenn
the issue last cycle was mainly your dat, then the school list
upenn, umich, and uop your dat was well below their range
unlv, rutgers and buffalo are extremely competitive for OOS applicants because they have in-state tuition after the first year
congrats on the DAT improvement, but i would have liked to see a bigger jump in scores (Plus QR and Pat are low)
if you are set on applying to 10-12 schools, you are going to have to concentrate on dcg and then privates (neighboring publics are your next best bet if you want to apply to some publics)
i would recommend more than 12 in your case
since you are URM, consider the HBCUs...
 
the issue last cycle was mainly your dat, then the school list
upenn, umich, and uop your dat was well below their range
unlv, rutgers and buffalo are extremely competitive for OOS applicants because they have in-state tuition after the first year
congrats on the DAT improvement, but i would have liked to see a bigger jump in scores (Plus QR and Pat are low)
if you are set on applying to 10-12 schools, you are going to have to concentrate on dcg and then privates (neighboring publics are your next best bet if you want to apply to some publics)
i would recommend more than 12 in your case
since you are URM, consider the HBCUs...
Thank you for the input. Helps a lot!