WAMC, DO applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drthedude

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! Only looking to apply to DO schools (and have at many/been marked complete)!

AACOMAS GPA calcs: cGPA: 3.44, sGPA: 3.37, both have an upward trend of 3.9 with 60 credit hours
MCAT: 496 (124/124/124/124) to 498 (125/123/123/127)
State of residence: IL
Ethnicity: Asian/Indian
Undergrad: UIC
Clinical experience: Immunizing pharmacy tech: 440 hours, Health Unit Coordinator: 1100 hours (current), Transport Volunteer: 246 hours, Cardiology student intern: 108 hours
Research experience: orthopedic research assistant: 200 hours, 1 publication, 1 textbook entry
Shadowing: Family Medicine (MD), Neurology (DO), Cardiology (MD), Hospital Medicine (DO), 256 hours total
Non-clinical volunteering: Get Involved Value Everyone club (consists of baking drives, volunteering at hot chocolate runs etc): 195 hours, GIVE clothing drive coordinator: 6 hours
Others: CPT code app volunteer: 21 hours, Leadership: ScribeAmerica conference leader for undergrad club: 3 hours, Health Unit Coordinator trainer: 16 hours
Honors/Awards: Dean's list for last two years of undergrad
Anything else: Was able to visit Midwestern CCOM with Hospital Medicine DO I shadowed who is a director of their lab there and observe and participate in OMM. I have received a DO LOR from this physician.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Your 498 MCAT will limit the schools you can apply to but you could receive interviews at these schools with your MCAT of 498:
MU-COM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
NYIT-AR
ARCOM
WCU-COM
ACOM
UIWSOM
TUNCOM
ATSU-SOMA
VCOM (all 4 schools)
LECOM (Erie, Seton Hill, Elmira)
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
LMU-DCOM
BCOM
ICOM
Noorda-COM
KHSC-COM (new school)
LUCOM

Members don't see this ad :)
Your 498 MCAT will limit the schools you can apply to but you could receive interviews at these schools with your MCAT of 498:
MU-COM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
NYIT-AR
ARCOM
WCU-COM
ACOM
UIWSOM
TUNCOM
ATSU-SOMA
VCOM (all 4 schools)
LMU-DCOM
BCOM
ICOM
Noorda-COM
KHSC-COM (new school)
LUCOM
Ty all mighty Faha, do you by any chance suggest RVU-COM and that I at least try at CCOM with the leverage I have from visiting and that LOR?

You could try CCOM. Your MCAT is not competitive for RVU in Colorado but you could try the RVU branch campus in Montana that is now accepting applications this month.

MU-COM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
NYIT-AR
ARCOM
WCU-COM
ACOM
UIWSOM
TUNCOM
ATSU-SOMA
VCOM (all 4 schools)
LMU-DCOM
BCOM
ICOM
Noorda-COM
KHSC-COM (new school)
LUCOM

@Faha wanted to update you and say I got 2 A's off the list you gave me, thank you for all you do!!