WAMC - Do schools typically pull grades from current semester once updated?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopingbutnotexpecting

Reaction score
3.55 cGPA, 3.3 sGPA, 512 MCAT, applying Texas MD (in state) and DO, reapplicant, currently in a SMP- but wondering if my SMP will make any difference. Like, once I update my grades at the end of the semester, what are the odds a school pulls that data and actually uses it? Or will my current SMP even make a difference for this cycle? I have had 4 DO interviews so far (with one post-II R, yikes) but would love to be at a school in Texas that has in-state tuition (TCOM, MDs). Should I have waited till after my program to apply?

Members don't see this ad.

FERPA prevents that type of data sharing without your consent, and this is not normal procedure while you are still a student. So you would have to provide an academic update or get admitted and send a final transcript. As it stands focus on your interviews.

FERPA prevents that type of data sharing without your consent, and this is not normal procedure while you are still a student. So you would have to provide an academic update or get admitted and send a final transcript. As it stands focus on your interviews.
But if I were to update grades via TMDSAS and AACOMAS- does that not allow schools to see my grades?

Members don't see this ad :)
But if I were to update grades via TMDSAS and AACOMAS- does that not allow schools to see my grades?
The TMDSAS system, where you can update your grades on the portal at the end of each semester if you are still a student, will allow the grades to be sent automatically to all your TMDSAS schools.
If a school hasn't decided on interviewing you yet, a good semester could work in your favor.

The TCOM SMP usually does recommend that you wait until you have complete the SMP to apply, but many like yourself get too eager.

Reactions: 1 users
The TMDSAS system, where you can update your grades on the portal at the end of each semester if you are still a student, will allow the grades to be sent automatically to all your TMDSAS schools.
If a school hasn't decided on interviewing you yet, a good semester could work in your favor.

The TCOM SMP usually does recommend that you wait until you have complete the SMP to apply, but many like yourself get too eager.
Can you blame me? 😂😅

Can you blame me? 😂😅
Putting in your application before you had any grades to show your performance in the SMP did kind of defeat the purpose of using the SMP to prove yourself, I think. I hope your first semester grades will give you the boost you wanted.