WAMC Early Decision? 3.6 GPA 510 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sciencegirl1998

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm a PA resident graduating this spring as a bio major from a public college in PA. I'm taking a gap year because I want to take more time to focus on my MCAT. I'll be taking my MCAT in January but on my practice FLs I've been scoring between a 510 - 512. I'll be graduating with a 3.6 cgpa and 3.5 sgpa. I have my own research project which may lead to publication my august. Over 900 combined shadowing and clinical volunteering hours, and 400 non-clinical volunteering hours. I'm on the eboard of 2 organizations. I have rec letters from 2 professors, my research mentor, and a physician.

I wanted to apply early decision to Temple or Penn state med.

First question should I take MCAT again if I get a 510 in January?

The second question do I have a good chance of getting in if I apply early decision?

Third SMP or job as research assistant during gap year?

Thank you for help!

Members don't see this ad.

Have you talked to anyone at those schools about applying ED?
Why a SMP during your gap year? Your GPAs are bit below average but no need for a SMP. ED , unless you are almost definitely up for acceptance, isn’t a great idea for someone with your stats. By the time decisions are made, you are way behind at every other school you will apply to.

Reactions: 1 users
Have you talked to anyone at those schools about applying ED?
Why a SMP during your gap year? Your GPAs are bit below average but no need for a SMP. ED , unless you are almost definitely up for acceptance, isn’t a great idea for someone with your stats. By the time decisions are made, you are way behind at every other school you will apply to.
Ok thank you so much! I wasn't sure if my GPA needed an SMP or if I should take up a job as a research assistant? Thank You!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't do early decision. You can ruin an entire cycle if you don't get in.

Reactions: 1 users