Deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RocketScientist05

Reaction score
Deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Please format your post with total hours completed.

Being a graduate of UCLA will not make you competitive for the CA schools at your current stats. Louisville and Kentucky take few to no OOS students without significant ties.

I suggest:
All FL schools
EVMS
VCU
Georgetown
George Washington
Vermont
Wake
Oakland
Wayne State
Creighton
MCW
Hackensack
Albany
NYMC
Tufts
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Penn State
Quinnipiac

For DO:
Western
LECOM
WVSOM
The Touros
NYITCOM
PCOM
Campbell
VCOM
DMU
KCU

Michigan State heavily favors IS students, and Nova has issues with professionalism. You can get into a DO school with less problems.

Reactions: 1 user
Would having a parent be a CA resident make it worthwhile to take a chance at the UCs or would it still not be worthwhile?
No. They are too competitive and usually have much higher median stats for accepted students. For Davis or Riverside, you would have had to grow up their respective areas or attended their undergrad as they take almost no OOS students.

I'm considering retaking the mcat, but honestly my goal is to get into any med school (preferably allopathic). In your opinion, should I spend my efforts on this or something else?
No need to retake the MCAT as you have good chances at the list of schools I provided (including MD). If you gain a couple hundred more non-clinical volunteering hours, you would have great chances at Rush. What held you back from applying this cycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.