Deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fruityloopers

Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
your stats are fine for any DO schools and its not too late, but definitely going to need some shadowing. you can find virtual DO shadowing on some DO schools website like WVSOM, and list that on your app indicates that you are going to shadow.
school list:
Touro-NY
NYITCOM
UNECOM
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM (all schools)
MU-COM
DMU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
TUNCOM
UIWSOM
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
CUSOM
VCOM

Reactions: 1 user
Stats:
Traditional (1 year out of school)
First time applicant
Canadian applicant
Asian
3.51 sGPA
3.62 cGPA (high upward trend with last 2 years over 3.9)
504 mcat

ECs:
No shadowing or research
200 hours leadership position in student organization in college
2000 hours caregiving for family member
2500 leadership position at volunteer org
5-6 Couple other minor extra curricular activities about 50 hr each

LORS:
Strong but no DO physician

Honors/Awards:
Dean's List last 2 years
Graduated Cum Laude in my class
Graduated with department honors
Couple presentations

What are my chances? I know my extracurriculars arent the best. I was supposed to have some clinical volunteering this year but due to covid it has been postponed. I just have a couple schools on my list atm and I wonder if it is too late for this cycle. If you guys could suggest me some schools that I could have a shot at (if possible), that would be greatly appreciated!
In my book, caregiving for a family member is not clinical experience. You're supposed to take care of loved ones! it's doing it for strangers (some of whom may not be nice people) that I'd like to see.

Verify that the school's you're applying to accept canadians. Mine doesn't. UNECOM and mSUCOM should be at top of list.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.