WAMC for DO Schools - 3.6/511, applying in August

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Veritas27

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Thank you for reading my post. I am reposting my WAMC inquiry, now that I have my MCAT score as of today. I am thinking about applying in August for DO schools only, by this time I should have around 500 clinical hours.

1. 3.63 cGPA
2. 511 MCAT - 130/125/129/127
3. CA resident
4. ORM
5. UC school
6. I just got a job as a phlebotomist full time, 40 hr/week. If I work for 12 more weeks I will have 500 hours. This would be around late August.
7. Around 500 hours of 2 independent research projects over 2 years with poster presentations
8. Around 100 hours total of shadowing 2 MD specialties and 1 DO specialty
9. 80 hours Meals on Wheels, 200 hours free clinic volunteering (280 total)
10. Board member of AMSA club 3 years, alto in church choir 4 years
11. Honorary UROP Fellowship award for both of my research projects

Here is my list as of today:
Western u
Cal Health sciences
Touro CA
AT Still AZ
Midwestern AZ
Rocky Vista CO/UT
Rocky Vista MT
Touro NV
Kansas City
Des Moines
Arkansas
Noorda
NYIT long island
Liberty
Lake Erie
West Virginia
Touro MT
Lincoln Debusk
Edward Via
Campbell
and others...

If I were to apply to DO schools in August with these stats and hours, would I have a decent chance? I am thinking of applying to 30+ DO schools.
Thank you so much in advance for your time and input!

Members don't see this ad.

You are competitive for all DO schools with your stats. You do not need to apply to 30+ schools. I suggest these:
WESTERN
TUCOM-CA
TUNCOM
AZCOM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
CCOM
MU-COM
DMU-COM
UIWSOM
WCU-COM
ACOM
CUSOM
NOVA
WVSOM
PCOM (all schools)
LECOM (all schools)
NYITCOM (both schools)
Touro-NY

Reactions: 1 user
You are competitive for all DO schools with your stats. You do not need to apply to 30+ schools. I suggest these:
WESTERN
TUCOM-CA
TUNCOM
AZCOM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
CCOM
MU-COM
DMU-COM
UIWSOM
WCU-COM
ACOM
CUSOM
NOVA
WVSOM
PCOM (all schools)
LECOM (all schools)
NYITCOM (both schools)
Touro-NY
Thank you very much for your response! Am I good to go with my timeline? Or is it too late in the cycle? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
You don't need to apply to a ton of schools. Boost your Meals on Wheels hours to 150 by submission.

DO schools you could exclude:
Liberty
Campbell
West Virginia
Touro MT
Arkansas

These schools are geographically far away, and I would not know if you would be happy living in their areas for 4 years. Newer schools (such as Touro MT, Orlando, etc.) may not be able to offer federally subsidized loans, so you would rely on private loans at a higher interest rate for financial aid. However, newer schools must fill their classes, so weigh your choices carefully.