Removed.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1132325

Removed.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
CARS score is not an issue. Leave off awards on AMCAS if all you have is Dean’s List. Taking into account your list, I suggest:

Emory
Keck
Einstein
Pittsburgh
Ohio State
University of Cincinnati
University of Rochester
Hofstra
Quinnipiac
Saint Louis University
University of Nebraska
Creighton
Iowa
Colorado
Icahn
Case
Mayo
Michigan
Tufts
Dartmouth
USF Morsani
Western Michigan
Vermont
VCU
Stony Brook
Jefferson
Temple
Nova MD
Miami
Hackensack

CARS score is not an issue. Leave off awards on AMCAS if all you have is Dean’s List. Taking into account your list, I suggest:

Emory
Keck
Einstein
Pittsburgh
Ohio State
University of Cincinnati
University of Rochester
Hofstra
Quinnipiac
Saint Louis University
University of Nebraska
Creighton
Iowa
Colorado
Icahn
Case
Mayo
Michigan
Tufts
Dartmouth
USF Morsani
Western Michigan
Vermont
VCU
Stony Brook
Jefferson
Temple
Nova MD
Miami
Hackensack
Thank you so much for this list! This helps an incredible amount. Quick question: do my stats/profile prevent me from applying to any top 10s and most top 25s?

Members don't see this ad :)
Matriculants at those schools also have extensive ECs to go along with their stats. You are a little on the low side with non-clinical volunteering to the underserved. You can add a school you really like if you want.

Matriculants at those schools also have extensive ECs to go along with their stats. You are a little on the low side with non-clinical volunteering to the underserved. You can add a school you really like if you want.
Gotcha, I want to mention I completely forgot to add the 24 hours I’ve gotten this month tutoring MCAT to low income students through a service founded by alumni at my college, does that change things at all? I joined the company when the school year concluded.

Gotcha, I want to mention I completely forgot to add the 24 hours I’ve gotten this month tutoring MCAT to low income students through a service founded by alumni at my college, does that change things at all? I joined the company when the school year concluded.
No. The activity is too short term to move the needle in my opinion.

Reactions: 1 users
If you want to be competitive, add 200 hrs of service based nonclinical work asap. Effort like working at an ER, hospice or shelter can be added in a month if you are smart. Your clinical is on weak side so I would bolster nonclinical which is much weaker. If you stay this way it will be difficult this cycle.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
If you want to be competitive, add 200 hrs of service based nonclinical work asap. Effort like working at an ER, hospice or shelter can be added in a month if you are smart. Your clinical is on weak side so I would bolster nonclinical which is much weaker

Nonclinical volunteering is one of the strongest boosts you can give your application and is far more likely to draw interest from adcoms. Serve people/groups different than yourself, force yourself to get over uncomfortable/unfamiliar situations, and you will impress + have a lot to talk about in interviews

Reactions: 3 users
the list is overly top heavy in my opinion l. 517 isn’t what it once was and it’s below the 10th and or 25th percentile at many of the schools.
These would all be extremely difficult and or impossible unless there is a hook that we aren’t seeing. Replace with targets.

Harvard University SOM
Yale SOM
Weill Cornell Medicine
Duke University SOM
Vanderbilt University SOM
Washington University in St. Louis SOM
University of Chicago Pritzker SOM
Northwestern Feinberg SOM
Stanford University SOM
Icahn SOM at Mount Sinai

If you want to be competitive, add 200 hrs of service based nonclinical work asap. Effort like working at an ER, hospice or shelter can be added in a month if you are smart. Your clinical is on weak side so I would bolster nonclinical which is much weaker. If you stay this way it will be difficult this cycle.
Would it be difficult with chilly_md's list? Or in reference to mine with more T25's and T10's?

Also, why is clinical weak?

Most candidates have same or more but is adequate if nonclinical is bolstered. Trying to optimize app.

Would it be difficult with chilly_md's list? Or in reference to mine with more T25's and T10's?

If it were me, that is what I would do. I have learned from my experience. I know it is right for you to get max results.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users