wamc for top 20 schools 4.0sgpa 521 mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cac0076

Reaction score
  1. 4.0 sGPA/ 3.9 cGPA, 521 MCAT
  2. I am from the south and I am not from a top undergraduate university/ not URM
  3. Clinical Experience: 200 Hours in psych hospital, 70 Hours in peds, 20 hours as EMT at time of application (100 hours at time of matriculation), 160 hours of EMT coursework (that included 40 hours of clinical experience)
  4. Research: 400 hours clinical research, but the majority of my time (275 hours) was spent on developing and implementing my own project with abstracts published in well known journals
  5. Shadowing: 26 Hours (EM and psychiatry) 40 hours virtual shadowing
  6. Non-clinical volunteering: 100 hours
  7. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc): TA/Tutor: 400 hours, Resident Assistant (1000+ hours), Whitewater raft guide (1000+ hours), semester abroad
  8. Gap year activities: will be teaching english in spain and doing a summer research internship (not listed on my primary app)
  9. Relevant honors or awards
  10. Anything else not listed you think might be important: non science major
my main concern is research. do i have enough experience for top schools with only 400 hours??

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you are competitive for “top 20.”

Which ones in particular? No one knows. So apply to however many you want as long as you have ~8-10 mid tiers and safeties as a base (make sure you apply to all your in state schools).