MD WAMC & help with school list. High GPA Low MCAT.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spicychai

Reaction score
Sorry if this is super vague, i'm trying to protect my identity on here. I'm really worried applying this cycle because of my MCAT score, but the only thing giving me hope is my GPA and decent extracurriculars. I need help compiling a school list and would greatly appreciate any and all assistance. I already have all of my state schools on my list but I'm not sure where to apply OOS because of my weird low mcat/high gpa combo.

cGPA 3.9+ sGPA 3.85
MCAT 506: 127/122/130/127
Ethnicity URM
Clinical experience: several hundred hours in clinic for low income individuals, handful of hours hospital volunteering
Research experience: 3000+ hours, 3+ years. presented, wrote manuscript.
Shadowing experience: 40 hours "Virtual" shadowing with different specialties. 30 hours primary care. 30 hours neurology
Non-clinical volunteering: I am involved in several different community service orgs ~200 hours
Other extracurricular activities: I held a leadership position (president) in a club I used to be involved in, I'm currently holding a leadership position in one of my non-clinical volunteer roles, and I have been a TA for a science class for a couple semesters.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Apply to all your Florida MD schools. You can add any of these OOS schools:
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
UCLA Drew
Emory
Tulane
St. Louis
Cincinnati
Ohio State
Indiana
Pittsburgh
Rochester
Georgetown
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Vermont
Dartmouth
Brown
Boston University
Tufts
Kaiser

Apply to all your Florida MD schools. You can add any of these OOS schools:
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
UCLA Drew
Emory
Tulane
St. Louis
Cincinnati
Ohio State
Indiana
Pittsburgh
Rochester
Georgetown
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Vermont
Dartmouth
Brown
Boston University
Tufts
Kaiser
Thank you so much! I'll definitely look into these schools. Do you think my chances are decent given my stats and ECs?