heyyyla
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all, I just graduated from undergrad with a BS in forensic biochemistry, I was originally intending on taking a full gap year, due to my MCAT being in mid September of this year, but decided due to family/financial reasons to bite the bullet and apply this year: I only applied DO, my top choices are PCOM (I have a parent in philly, and spent alot of time in philly growing up), NYITCOM (I have family in NY), or Rowan.
I'm mainly concerned that since I took my MCAT in september, I got my score back in October. Thus my apps were completed in october (late). So i'm putting my neck out to get some brutal honesty and seeing if you guys think that I will get into my top choice schools based on my late app and my stats. Stats per formatting recommendations:
I'm mainly concerned that since I took my MCAT in september, I got my score back in October. Thus my apps were completed in october (late). So i'm putting my neck out to get some brutal honesty and seeing if you guys think that I will get into my top choice schools based on my late app and my stats. Stats per formatting recommendations:
- cGPA: 3.6 (upward trend, 4.0 last 2 years) and sGPA 3.665 (upward trend, 4.0 last 2 years)
- 512 MCAT (127,127,128,130)
- FL resident
- Middle eastern woman
- Undergrad at University of Central FL
- Scribing full and part time at a level 1 trauma center since May 2025 (+700hs?), 100 hours clinical volunteering with Geriatric Visitation Program at local hospital, ~20 clinical volunteering hours at free COVID-19 vaccine distribution center when the vaccine first got rolled out for elderly/healthcare workers
- Research experience: 200h of biochemistry research resulting in 2 posters at 2 conferences, 25 hours of chem ed research resulting in 2 posters, 1 oral conference presentation, and 1 publication
- Shadowing experience: 300+ hours as a medical examiner intern shadowing MD forensic pathologists, 20 hours shadowing DO in EM
- Non-clinical volunteering: food bank 18 hours (current volunteer), LGBT+ resource center in my city 30+ hours (current volunteer),
- Other extracurricular activities: 4000 hours as a resident assistant on campus for 4 years, university marching band and concert band for 2 years, undergraduate learning assistant 1 semester, music greek life member
- Relevant honors or awards: two years in a row won housing department recognition award
- 5 LORs: 2 strong science faculty LORs, 1 DO LOR, 1 MD LOR from internship, 1 non-science non-physician LOR from my coordinator in housing.
- School list: PCOM-PA, NYITCOM-NY, Rowan, Campbell, WVSOM, UNECOM, Edward Via-VA, OCOM