WAMC – lower than average gpa, decent AA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

matatiaho

Reaction score
Date of submission: June 15
Overall GPA: 3.35
Science GPA:
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA:
DAT score (include AA and all sections):
20AA, 19 Bio, 18 GC, 21 OC, 18 PAT, 18 QR, 23 RC, 19 Survey of the Natural Sciences
State of Residence: GA

Undergrad Attended: University of Georgia
Major: Biology
Minor: N/A
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 200 hours of general dentist shadowing
Volunteering Experience: 350 hours – 2 month internship in Tel Aviv for a Type 2 Diabetes start-up, volunteering at local synagogue for 4 years of college, similar experiences to these
Employment: Web design/software development, eCommerce management, Amazon-to-business liaison & worked at 2 summer camps
Research: N/A
Other Extracurriculars: N/A
Relevant Honors or Awards: Dean's List
LOR type and strength: Good Biochem & Genetics LORs. Great dentist (family friend) LOR. Great Rabbi LOR (where I volunteered for 4 years).
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags:
N/A
School list:
Please include a list of schools you are interested in applying to! It is much easier for users to help you when you have taken the time to construct your own school list first!

Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry, Dental College of Georgia, Loma Linda University, University of Buffalo, Touro College of Dental Medicine, Lake Erie College, UCLA, UCSF, UNLV, WestU, Tufts, University of Oklahoma, University of Tennessee, UoP, California Northstate University

Members don't see this ad.

Have you had a chance to talk to anyone at DCG about your app?

best case scenario is going there for you.

if you are paying with loans, please remove schools like USC

Have you had a chance to talk to anyone at DCG about your app?

best case scenario is going there for you.

if you are paying with loans, please remove schools like USC
I haven't had a chance to. Also, my older brother attended and graduated USC dental, and it's my dream school. I can afford the school and have family in LA that I would prefer to live around, especially so I can start working with him when I'm out of school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't had a chance to. Also, my older brother attended and graduated USC dental, and it's my dream school. I can afford the school and have family in LA that I would prefer to live around, especially so I can start working with him when I'm out of school.
So how are you a Georgia and not a California resident?