WAMC NE resident cGPA/3.73 sGPA/3.65

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grsullivan

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I'm applying this cycle and am wondering if this is lookin rough or if it's good enough. I'm thinking about taking a gap year and applying my senior year. Thanks!
  1. cGPA: 3.73, sGPA: 3.65
  2. Taking MCAT in April
  3. NE resident
  4. White (Female)
  5. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer):
    1. Volunteer desk worker 50 hours
    2. Worked as medical scribe 800+ hours
  6. Research experience and productivity
    1. Research assistant: 100 hours
    2. 1 poster + presentation
  7. Shadowing experience and specialties represented
    1. 40 hrs Infectious Disease
    2. 20 hrs Orthopedics
    3. 20 hrs Family practice
    4. 20 hrs Pathology
  8. Non-clinical volunteering
    1. Our Lady’s Inn Women’s shelter 40 hrs
    2. Tutoring 250 hrs
    3. Girl scouts through my sorority 50 hrs
  9. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc)
    1. Two leadership roles tutoring & American medical women’s association 100+ hrs
    2. Practical Anatomy and Surgical Education cadavar lab assistant 80 hrs
    3. Club soccer for my university freshman-junior year
    4. Philosophy club
    5. Worked in food industry last two summers

Members don't see this ad.

As long as your MCAT is at least 508 you should receive MD interviews. You could receive DO interviews with 500. Post your actual score here in the future.

Reactions: 1 user
You seem to have all of the boxes checked although your nonclinical volunteering low(I think tutoring/teaching) is a separate category.

Hello! I'm applying this cycle and am wondering if this is lookin rough or if it's good enough. I'm thinking about taking a gap year and applying my senior year.

But this statement leads me to believe you think/know you won’t have the best application possible. There is no such thing as “good enough” when applying to med school, or there shouldn’t be anyway. You only want to apply when you have the application that shows off the best possible you.
Good luck on the MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
You seem to have all of the boxes checked although your nonclinical volunteering low(I think tutoring/teaching) is a separate category.

Hello! I'm applying this cycle and am wondering if this is lookin rough or if it's good enough. I'm thinking about taking a gap year and applying my senior year.

But this statement leads me to believe you think/know you won’t have the best application possible. There is no such thing as “good enough” when applying to med school, or there shouldn’t be anyway. You only want to apply when you have the application that shows off the best possible you.
Good luck on the MCAT.
Thank you! I definitely agree. I was a little sleep deprived making this because I was just getting off from a night shift, haha. I am pretty confident in my application but I wanted to get some outside opinions to see where I stand.

Reactions: 1 user
Your EC's are looking great and GPA is pretty good, but your chances hinge on the MCAT, so study hard for it and aim fro 510+.