WAMC? Need help w/ school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureddsbailey

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am completely fine with my stats, so if you are one of the SDN commenters telling me to retake or I have a low GPA, please don't contribute, just making a list. Thanks!
Date of submission: Applying in next 2/3 days
Overall GPA: 3.6
Science GPA: 3.45
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 20 AA/20 TS (21OC,18GC,20BIO)/25 RC/18 QR/20 PAT
State of Residence: Indiana

Undergrad Attended: Olivet Nazarene University
- Varsity Tennis Team Captain
- Office of Admissions, Student Ambassador
- Resident Assistant
Major: Biology
Minority? No, White
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience:
General Dentist ~120 hours
Oral Surgeon ~24 hours
Orthodontist (later this summer)
Volunteering Experience: Church Food Bank ~100 hours
Employment: Vineyard Vines (Sales) 2 years, Political internship, 6 months
Research: N/A
Other Extracurriculars: 11 years of tennis
Relevant Honors or Awards:
Outstanding Junior Achievement Award (college)
Deans List (4 semesters)
Tennis scholarship
LOR type and strength:
2 science and 1 dentist
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: Should be noted that my father, uncle, and grandpa all graduated from IU dental school and practice in Indiana
School list:

1. Indiana University
- Midwestern (Illinois)
- University of Louisville
- Still looking at more

Members don't see this ad.

Look into: Marquette, Creighton, UMN, Case Western are a couple that pop to my mind. Maybe the east coast too: Boston, Touro, Temple

FYI, you might want to see if your letters count for every school. Generally they'll want 4 letters with some combination of: 2 sci, one within major, 1 non sci (dentist, spiritual advisor, non sci prof) and then a supervisor (research, volunteer, or work). So I'd double check before applying to more schools if they'll take the 2 sci and 1 dentist as it may not qualify for the ones I suggested.

Reactions: 1 user
Your metrics aren't bad, but you can always do more community service (including service not directly organized by university or church) and more dentist-related exposure. I agree with my colleague that you should think regionally such as those suggested. What schools have you reached out to before applying? I presume you have gone to IUSD's recruitment events.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Your metrics aren't bad, but you can always do more community service (including service not directly organized by university or church) and more dentist-related exposure. I agree with my colleague that you should think regionally such as those suggested. What schools have you reached out to before applying? I presume you have gone to IUSD's recruitment events.
In the past 2 weeks, I have visited the campuses and spoken with admissions staff of both IU and Midwestern. My plan was to keep my application generally Midwest about 7/8 schools.

Reactions: 1 user
I am completely fine with my stats, so if you are one of the SDN commenters telling me to retake or I have a low GPA, please don't contribute, just making a list. Thanks!
Date of submission: Applying in next 2/3 days
Overall GPA: 3.6
Science GPA: 3.45
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 20 AA/20 TS (21OC,18GC,20BIO)/25 RC/18 QR/20 PAT
State of Residence: Indiana

Undergrad Attended: Olivet Nazarene University
- Varsity Tennis Team Captain
- Office of Admissions, Student Ambassador
- Resident Assistant
Major: Biology
Minority? No, White
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience:
General Dentist ~120 hours
Oral Surgeon ~24 hours
Orthodontist (later this summer)
Volunteering Experience: Church Food Bank ~100 hours
Employment: Vineyard Vines (Sales) 2 years, Political internship, 6 months
Research: N/A
Other Extracurriculars: 11 years of tennis
Relevant Honors or Awards:
Outstanding Junior Achievement Award (college)
Deans List (4 semesters)
Tennis scholarship
LOR type and strength:
2 science and 1 dentist
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: Should be noted that my father, uncle, and grandpa all graduated from IU dental school and practice in Indiana
School list:

1. Indiana University
- Midwestern (Illinois)
- University of Louisville
- Still looking at more
why would you think that someone is going to say you have a low gpa or you need a retake?