WAMC NON-TRAD ORM High MCAT / low GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted876933

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suggest applying broadly to DO schools (at least 10) and you should receive several interviews. You could try these MD schools also:
OHSU
Kaiser
California University
California Northstate
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Albany
New York Medical College
Hofstra
Einstein
Seton Hall
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
NOVA MD
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Creighton
TCU-UNT (new school)

Members don't see this ad :)
An upward trend is helpful and your grades in recent years will matter more than those when you were a teenager. Also your MCAT of 516 will attract attention at some schools. You are competitive for all DO schools.

@Faha: Why are you recommending that students apply to California Northstate? I agree with everything you've said and all the advice you've given, except for that.

Why CNU Is Garbage

@Faha: Why are you recommending that students apply to California Northstate? I agree with everything you've said and all the advice you've given, except for that.

Why CNU Is Garbage
Their 1st class is graduating next month and their match was fine. The problems there seem to be with the administration-not the students. Most of their students are from CA and some applicants from CA and the west coast prefer to stay in that region rather than go Caribbean or DO schools out east.

Reactions: 1 user
Your 516 MCAT is well above the median at all DO schools. Go ahead and apply to KCU-COM. You could also try these schools:
Western Comp
TUCOM-CA
TUNCOM
AZCOM
PCOM (both schools)
VCOM (all 3 schools)
MU-COM
CCOM
DMU-COM
NYITCOM
LECOM (all schools)