Roger Wilco

2+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2016
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
I just received my MCAT score, and I'm hoping to get some help narrowing down my school list. Here are all the important details:

Residency: Texas
cGPA: 3.03 (constant upward trend)
sGPA: 3.11
Undergraduate GPA: 2.9 (2.6 without the postbac work, computer science at a state school almost 15 years ago).
Graduate GPA: 3.75 (computer science at a state school with a thesis, immediately after my undergrad).
Postbac GPA: 4.0 (DIY last 3 years, 34 credits of bio/chem while working full-time, some at CC but upper division at a 4-year).
MCAT: 514 (127,128,130,129).
Clinical Volunteering: 300 hours of hospital volunteering.
Nonclinical Volunteering: 60 hours helping senior citizens run errands, 80 hours tutoring low-income students.
Research: 500 hours on a computer science thesis with a refereed conference paper.
Shadowing: 3 hours shadowing an osteopathic physician. My scheduled shadowing was canceled due to COVID-19.
Awards: Outstanding Service as a lab assistant during undergrad, Outstanding Graduate Student, several awards from work.
Leadership: Editor of my Masonic lodge's monthly newsletter and hospital committee chairman.
Teaching: Lab instructor during graduate school, adjunct professor in computer science at a community college.
Professional Experience: Senior software engineer at 2 well-known technology companies, including a technical team lead role.

I'm applying to all Texas schools and I'm about to add the following schools to my AMCAS application:

• Albany
  • Colorado
  • Dartmouth
  • Drexel
  • Duke
  • Emory
  • Geisinger
  • George Washington
  • Hofstra
  • Illinois
  • Loma Linda
  • Loyola
  • Medical College of Wisconsin
  • Pitt
  • Rosalind Franklin
  • Rowan
  • St. Louis
  • TCU
  • Temple
  • Toledo
  • Tulane
  • University of Washington
  • Virginia Commonwealth
  • Virginia Tech
  • Wake Forest
  • Western Michigan
  • Wright State
I'm applying to the TMDSAS Texas DO schools, but I haven't been able to get a letter from the DO I shadowed because I haven't been able to get in touch with her since COVID-19 hit. This leaves the following AACOMAS schools I can apply to:

• LECOM
  • ROWAN
  • UNECOM
Any suggestions, help, or insights are greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
Status
  1. Attending Physician
The OOS MD schools are unlikely with your GPAs. OOS MD schools also tend not to interview Texas applicants since they know from years of experience that Texas applicants will attend a Texas school. A DO LOR is not required for most DO schools (it is usually a preference but not a requirement)
I suggest adding these DO schools:
UIWSOM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
ACOM
WCU-COM
MU-COM
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
AZCOM
TUNCOM
ATSU (both schools)
KCU-COM
DMU-COM

Reactions: 1 user

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads