WAMC OHSU 2022-2023 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HelloGuys

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I interviewed with OHSU in November and did not receive an acceptance on 12/15. I didn't receive any messages from them and wanted to check if anyone had received a waitlist email or call. Is there any chance I will be accepted post-december after the first round of acceptances and does anyone know if they accept any pre-december interviewers post-december? I am IS for OHSU and went to the tour they offered as well.

Stats:
GPA: 3.85
sGPA: 3.85
DAT: 19AA, 17TS, 21PAT (19bio, 18gchem, 15ochem, 22qr, 21rc)
Volunteering: 200+ hours
Shadowing: 80 hours
Leadership: Pre-dental club treasurer/ secretary and Biochemistry club class representative

Members don't see this ad.

If you interviewed with OHSU they deemed you academically qualified to complete their curriculum. So your stats should be behind you, which means it could have been your interview skills. Do you feel like you interviewed well? Did you prepare beforehand? If you haven't received any messages, I'd double-check your spam just to be sure. Otherwise, it means you're still under consideration for acceptance. If anything, there's a possibility it could be your lower DAT score and low TS that are holding you back from early acceptances, but there's no way to know. Hoping for good luck this cycle, be patient the lists are still moving and there should be more acceptances to happen!

Reactions: 1 user
If you interviewed with OHSU they deemed you academically qualified to complete their curriculum. So your stats should be behind you, which means it could have been your interview skills. Do you feel like you interviewed well? Did you prepare beforehand? If you haven't received any messages, I'd double-check your spam just to be sure. Otherwise, it means you're still under consideration for acceptance. If anything, there's a possibility it could be your lower DAT score and low TS that are holding you back from early acceptances, but there's no way to know. Hoping for good luck this cycle, be patient the lists are still moving and there should be more acceptances to happen!
Thank you! I think the interview went well as they didn't really have any additional follow up questions to each of my answers (could be a good or bad thing not really sure). I did prepare beforehand, but it looks like I will just have to be patient before deciding on what to do next cycle. Do you have any tips other than retaking the DAT to strengthen my application?

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep being optimistic. I would check your spam to be sure you weren't notified though I don't know if they changed your AADSAS portal status. It is annoying to not have a decision, but if you were not summarily rejected, you have to remain optimistic and plan for a potential reapp. I agree a DAT retake is an obvious step to take.

Reactions: 1 users
Keep being optimistic. I would check your spam to be sure you weren't notified though I don't know if they changed your AADSAS portal status. It is annoying to not have a decision, but if you were not summarily rejected, you have to remain optimistic and plan for a potential reapp. I agree a DAT retake is an obvious step to take.
Thanks, I check my spam and inbox everyday in case I get any notifications regarding the schools I applied to. Just unsure if OHSU has much movement for waitlisted students. When would you say is a good time to start preparing to retake the DAT?

Thanks, I check my spam and inbox everyday in case I get any notifications regarding the schools I applied to. Just unsure if OHSU has much movement for waitlisted students. When would you say is a good time to start preparing to retake the DAT?
Time retaking your DAT before the new cycle starts in earnest, so by April or May. But you must be fully ready.

Reactions: 1 user