WAMC: Oklahoma Resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joseph.zajac

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Date of submission: mid June
Overall GPA: 3.96
Science GPA: 3.9
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.8

DAT score: 22AA. 21 Bio, 22 Chem, 23 Ochem, 20 PA, 24 RC, 22 QR
State of Residence: Oklahoma

Undergrad Attended:
Private college in Oklahoma
Major: Bio
Minor: No
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience:
~120, 100 general 20 specialties.
Volunteering Experience: ~100, anything from service centers, to free clinics (no dental), to homeless shelters (still in progress)
Employment: summer jobs for past two year in customer service, lab TA all semesters of college.
Research: 200+. Semester in a research lab, and semester projects in bio chem and genetics.
Other Extracurriculars: member of the honors college with a 4.0, member of the president leadership class in college, previous social service director for freshman class, member of colleges drum band for 2 years, president of pre-health club, previous rush director for fraternity/social club, participant in local church VBS for past 3 summers.
Relevant Honors or Awards: N/A

LOR type and strength: pre-health comity (strong-ish), 2 general dentists (strong)

Misc Info: im not sure what are best for OOS, and I am fairly worried about my shadowing and volunteering experience. Everything that I have accumulated has been nickel and dimed and I can’t seem to get a consistent opportunity with these things, especially with dental opportunities.

School list:

Oklahoma
UPenn
Ohiostate
Michegan
KC Miz
LECOM
NOVA
Creighton
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
UTenn

Members don't see this ad.

Date of submission: mid June
Overall GPA: 3.96
Science GPA: 3.9
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.8

DAT score: 22AA. 21 Bio, 22 Chem, 23 Ochem, 20 PA, 24 RC, 22 QR
State of Residence: Oklahoma

Undergrad Attended:
Private college in Oklahoma
Major: Bio
Minor: No
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience:
~120, 100 general 20 specialties.
Volunteering Experience: ~100, anything from service centers, to free clinics (no dental), to homeless shelters (still in progress)
Employment: summer jobs for past two year in customer service, lab TA all semesters of college.
Research: 200+. Semester in a research lab, and semester projects in bio chem and genetics.
Other Extracurriculars: member of the honors college with a 4.0, member of the president leadership class in college, previous social service director for freshman class, member of colleges drum band for 2 years, president of pre-health club, previous rush director for fraternity/social club, participant in local church VBS for past 3 summers.
Relevant Honors or Awards: N/A

LOR type and strength: pre-health comity (strong-ish), 2 general dentists (strong)

Misc Info: im not sure what are best for OOS, and I am fairly worried about my shadowing and volunteering experience. Everything that I have accumulated has been nickel and dimed and I can’t seem to get a consistent opportunity with these things, especially with dental opportunities.

School list:

Oklahoma
UPenn
Ohiostate
Michegan
KC Miz
LECOM
NOVA
Creighton
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
UTenn
list is likely too heavy on public schools despite your strong stats
and the texas schools are extremely difficult for OOS
your shadowing and volunteering are ok
trust the process...

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ever visited or interacted with OU faculty? that would be your best and most cost effective school
Yes! I actually got my braces through there in high school and have gone on a private tour with a professor that is a family friend.

list is likely too heavy on public schools despite your strong stats
and the texas schools are extremely difficult for OOS
your shadowing and volunteering are ok
trust the process...
That’s probably true. It’s just hard to know which private schools are quality for how expensive most of them are.