Wamc-PharmD --> DDS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bollex

Reaction score
Date of submission:07/30/2023
Overall GPA:3.54
Science GPA:3.6
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA:3.52
DAT score: 21 AA/23 TS/ 19 PAT/ NO SEC BELOW 17
State of Residence: Tx

Undergrad Attended:
Texas A&m University
Major: Biology
Minor: Chemistry
Minority?
Yes
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? Yes, 2nd year pharmacy student looking to switch over to dental.

Shadowing Experience:
120 hours
Volunteering Experience: 200 hours+
Employment: Pharmacy intern
Research: None
Other Extracurriculars: Intramural sports, immunizing/vaccinating activities, pre-health chair in undergrad, social media affiliate (youtube, twitch, instagram) each with over 10k subs.
Have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at any dental schools? No
Relevant Honors or Awards: none that i care to list
LOR type and strength: 3 strong letters (2 from my science pharmacy professors and 1 from a dentist)
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: Obviously, i don't have the luxury of being picky with where i want to go for dental school but do you guys think i should expand my school list and also what do you think of the overall situation? I am also very well aware that switching over from pharmacy to dental would be a flaring red signal to the admissions committee, i just wanted to see what those with admissions experience think about my chances. Pharmacy school gpa: 4.0

School list:
Temple

Lecom
Asdoh
University of buffalo
Midwestern az
all 4 Tx schools (Probably a reach)

Members don't see this ad.

Date of submission:07/30/2023
Overall GPA:3.54
Science GPA:3.6
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA:3.52
DAT score: 21 AA/23 TS/ 19 PAT/ NO SEC BELOW 17
State of Residence: Tx

Undergrad Attended:
Texas A&m University
Major: Biology
Minor: Chemistry
Minority?
Yes
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? Yes, 2nd year pharmacy student looking to switch over to dental.

Shadowing Experience:
120 hours
Volunteering Experience: 200 hours+
Employment: Pharmacy intern
Research: None
Other Extracurriculars: Intramural sports, immunizing/vaccinating activities, pre-health chair in undergrad, social media affiliate (youtube, twitch, instagram) each with over 10k subs.
Have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at any dental schools? No
Relevant Honors or Awards: none that i care to list
LOR type and strength: 3 strong letters (2 from my science pharmacy professors and 1 from a dentist)
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: Obviously, i don't have the luxury of being picky with where i want to go for dental school but do you guys think i should expand my school list and also what do you think of the overall situation? I am also very well aware that switching over from pharmacy to dental would be a flaring red signal to the admissions committee, i just wanted to see what those with admissions experience think about my chances. Pharmacy school gpa: 4.0

School list:
Temple

Lecom
Asdoh
University of buffalo
Midwestern az
all 4 Tx schools (Probably a reach)
why buffalo?
temple?
lecom?

why buffalo?
temple?
lecom?
I read that all 3 schools are OOS friendly. Also, having family near Temple and LECOM is a plus. The tuition cost at Buffalo seems reasonable, especially beyond the first year as a D1 student. I was also around the average in terms of stats for the previously accepted class for most of these schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
I read that all 3 schools are OOS friendly. Also, having family near Temple and LECOM is a plus. The tuition cost at Buffalo seems reasonable, especially beyond the first year as a D1 student. I was also around the average in terms of stats for the previously accepted class for most of these schools.
how do you plan to explain your change from pharm to dent?