MD WAMC, please help me with my school list! - 3.99/521

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Qxpxq

Reaction score
Thank you in advance for any help! This truly means a lot to me. @Faha @southerndoc @Goro @Mr.Smile12 @Catalystik Your guys' help will be greatly appreciated!

Info Wiped. Thanks for all the help!
  • Current school list (please help me cut it down and add other fitting schools):

• Baylor College of Medicine
    • Boston University
    • Case Western Reserve University
    • Cleveland Clinic
    • Columbia
    • Cornell University (Weill)
    • Duke University
    • Emory
    • Harvard
    • Johns Hopkins
    • Mayo Clinic School of Medicine (Alix, Minn.)
    • Mt. Sinai
    • New York University (Langone)
    • Northwestern
    • Ohio State University
    • Stanford
    • University of California Los Angeles (Geffen)
    • University of California San Diego
    • University of California San Francisco
    • University of Chicago (Pritzker)
    • University of Cincinnati
    • University of Michigan
    • University of Pennsylvania
    • University of Pittsburg
    • University of Southern California (Keck)
    • University of Toledo
    • University of Virginia
    • Vanderbilt University
    • Washington University in St. Louis
    • Yale University

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What is it about your current list that you have concerns about? Do you want more schools? Are your concerns about not having enough safeties?

Which schools have you already connected with their students (AMSA or SNMA)?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
@Mr.Smile12 I was thinking 30 schools might be a bit too many, so I was wondering which ones I can possibly drop. I have not been a part of AMSA or SNMA, but I do know students at Stanford, and Ohio State, that is pretty much it, unfortunately. What can I do to improve my connections and how can I leverage these during the application process?

UCSD and USC would be the lowest yield schools for you since you are ORM and from Ohio.

@Mr.Smile12 I was thinking 30 schools might be a bit too many, so I was wondering which ones I can possibly drop. I have not been a part of AMSA or SNMA, but I do know students at Stanford, and Ohio State, that is pretty much it, unfortunately. What can I do to improve my connections and how can I leverage these during the application process?
30 is a good number. List is good

Are any of your med school friends part of AMSA or SNMA? They should know peers who are.

Both organizations write a lot of advice columns about applying to medical school.