WAMC (Reapplicant)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sonder88

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
We are going to need your new MCAT score before we can help. Update your post when you receive your score. Be prepared to apply DO this time around.

In general, your nonclinical volunteering hours are on the low side for matriculants.

Reactions: 1 user
Should I delay my app for another year to gain more nonclinical volunteering hours?

Members don't see this ad :)
Should I delay my app for another year to gain more nonclinical volunteering hours?

That’s up to you. Generally speaking, I’m not a fan of applying back-to-back cycles for this very reason (i.e., usually not enough time to make meaningful improvements). If you do decide to reapply this cycle, you should get some more hours in ASAP and continue with it throughout your cycle. Service-oriented schools like Rush will want to see hundreds if not thousands of community service hours so those will not be realistic programs for you to target on your reapplication.

Medical schools especially like seeing service to marginalized communities, e.g. food banks, homeless shelters, orgs for people with disabilities, and so on.

Reactions: 2 users
UAB (reject after, got feedback mainly need to work on interview skills being less shy and reserved) and South alabama (post II waitlist still)
Post your new MCAT score here when available and I will suggest schools to apply to.

New score 517 ( 130 126 129 132)
I suggest these schools with your new MCAT of 517:
U Alabama
South Alabama
Tulane
TCU-UNT
Miami
USF Morsani
NOVA MD
St. Louis
Creighton
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Cincinnati
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Georgetown
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Hackensack
Pittsburgh
Hofstra
Einstein
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac

I suggest these schools with your new MCAT of 517:
U Alabama
South Alabama
Tulane
TCU-UNT
Creighton
St. Louis
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Miami
USF Morsani
NOVA MD
Emory
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Georgetown
George Washington
Cincinnati
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Hackensack
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Tufts
Boston University

While it is healthcare-adjacent, keep racking up hours with your medical supplies outreach activities, or consider adding a community service sustainable activity that addresses a different area of need relevant to social determinants of health (helping homeless, shelter for women/children/homeless, food pantry/distribution, work helping those released from incarceration).

Status
Not open for further replies.