WAMC/School list: 3.96 cGPA 506 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doco2439

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, just wanted some advice for reapplying this upcoming cycle. Im a current 22yo reapplicant and GA resident soon-to-be IL resident. This cycle I applied to RFU, Loyola, RUSH, and UIC but haven't heard anything yet. I realize my MCAT is a major weak point but Im scheduled to retake in early May. Looking to see what other schools fit with these stats.
  • GPA: 3.96 cGPA, 3.88 sGPA
  • Major: Graduated Biology Major
  • MCAT: 506 (129/121/126/130) retaking with 515+ goal
  • ORM/URM: ORM, Middle Eastern (low-income, first-gen, FAP recipient)
  • PCE: 2100 hrs 911 EMT + 1850hrs Phlebotomist= 3950 hrs
  • Non-clinical volunteering: 550 hrs (Projected +300 by submission)
    • Senior Citizens- 145 hrs (underserved)
    • Salvation Army- 150 hrs (underserved)
    • Crisis text line 130 hrs (underserved?)
    • Ronald Mcdonald- 125 hrs
  • Shadowing: 61 hrs across gen surg. and allergy medicine
  • Teaching/Tutoring: ~80 hrs as A&P, Chem, Bio Tutor
  • Research: over 200 hrs
    • 150 hrs as a RUSH volunteer working on lung cancer screening methods
    • 60 hrs as an epigenetics researcher at university (1 pub)
  • LORS: 1 Physician, 3 Science, 1 Volunteer Coordinator

Members don't see this ad.

Non-clinical volunteering service orientation hours are okay, but place more effrt on in-person activities, and get them up to 1000 hours before submission (for Loyola and Rush). When did you move to Illinois? Would appreciate more details on your activities. You should add Midwestern Chicago COM and other DO programs.

It would be best that you retake first and let us know the score before we provide a school list. You will probably need to include DO schools, and the retake will determine how many more MD schools you can add.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I moved to Chicago probably around June. My activities consist mostly of providing emotional/mental support to the elderly and those suffering from crises. In the Salvation Army, I worked with inmates to manage warehouses and donate furniture/clothing to the underserved and Ronald McDonald, I cooked food, did chores, and provided other support for NICU parents. I plan to do some volunteering at RUSH and get a few hundred hrs in before submission.

It would be best that you retake first and let us know the score before we provide a school list. You will probably need to include DO schools, and the retake will determine how many more MD schools you can add.
I plan to take may 4th since that was the only slot open. Would this be too late?