WAMC/School List 3.9cGPA, 504 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pp6

Reaction score
Hello, I mostly looking to apply to DO programs but I would like to see if it is worth applying to any MDs with my stats. I would really appreciate help forming a school list for both MD and DO schools. Thanks!

GPA

• cGPA: 3.9
  • sGPA: 4.0
MCAT score
  • 504 (127/122/127/128)
State of residence
  • CA
Ethnicity
  • White
Clinical experience
  • Medical assistant for physiatrist (200 hrs)
Research experience
  • Research in Molecular Biology (150 hrs) - moved schools and covid so it was cut short
Shadowing experience
  • Family Medicine (25 Hours)
  • Virtual Shadowing (various specialties) (15 Hours)
Non-clinical volunteering
  • Health advocate - call patients in underserved communities and educate them on preventative measures for diabetes and help them get access to resources needed (150 hrs)
  • Crisis hotline (110 hrs)
  • Tutoring for students in underserved communities (105 hrs)
  • TA for general biology lab(100 hrs)
Extracurricular activities
  • Multiple leadership positions - officer position for a few clubs, fundraising committee member, etc (300 hrs)
  • Daycare volunteer (75 hrs)
  • Community service for school clubs - events, volunteer for food programs, etc. (100 hrs)
Honors or awards
  • Deans List all semesters

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest these DO schools with your stats:
WESTERN
TUCOM-CA
TUNCOM
AZCOM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
DMU-COM
MU-COM
UIWSOM
CUSOM
CCOM
NYITCOM
PCOM (all schools)
Touro-NY
For MD schools I suggest these:
California University
Loma Linda (if you fit their mission)
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
NOVA MD
Quinnipiac
Drexel
Temple
TCU

Members don't see this ad :)
Get a little more service orientation experience that is not so tied up with a school club. I see your volunteering club where you do food distribution... but I am left with few details if you were really committed. You may need between 50 and 100 more hours of this to avoid getting screened out, but description is too vague to make a solid call.

You do have a lot of clinical volunteering and tutoring.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
@Mr.Smile12 @Goro
To clarify, I do plan on continuing to work with my health advocate group that mainly assists those struggling with health literacy and mental health in the local area. I've started up programs with them and will continue to work with them throughout the application year. It's not connected with my school, so hopefully that covers the concern. I also plan on continuing my work with the crisis hotline. Knowing this, does that change any of the school list suggestions from others in this thread? I also plan on getting another medical assistant job in the meantime to gain more clinical hours/help with finances, should I instead direct that time towards something else?

@Faha @Goro
Thank you for the suggestions! Are TCU and Temple too much of a reach because of the MCAT or is there another reason? My list will definitely be more DO heavy.

Reactions: 1 user