WAMC/School List (4.0 GPA, 517 MCAT)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

north236

Reaction score
Uni of Maryland
Miami Miller
Howard
Kaiser Permanente
NYU Long Island
Georgetown
George Washington
Oakland Beaumont
Penn State
Rochester
Saint Louis
Wake Forest
Ohio State
Loyola
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
Virginia Tech
Drexel
Temple
Sidney Kimmel
Uni of Pittsburgh
Albany
Albert Einstein
Hofstra
Warren Alpert Brown
Rosalind Franklin
Dartmouth/Geisel
Tufts
Boston U
Quinnipac
Emory
Wayne State
USC Keck
USF Morsiani
U Chicago

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest these schools with your stats:
U Maryland
Johns Hopkins
Georgetown
George Washington
U Virginia
Duke
Emory
Vanderbilt
Miami
USF Morsani
Tulane
Northwestern
U Chicago
St. Louis
U Michigan
Case Western
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Jefferson
U Penn
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Columbia
Cornell
NYU
Rochester
Dartmouth
Brown
Harvard
Boston University

Reactions: 1 user
Concur with the above. Unless you've lived and worked in a predominantly African-American community, you are not a good fit for Howard and even if you have, you might be considered "too good" for them and they will yield protect. That will be your biggest issue -- getting schools to take you seriously when the assumption will be that you will choose a higher ranked school, or one that offers a full-ride over whatever lower level school you apply to.

Reactions: 1 user
Concur with the above. Unless you've lived and worked in a predominantly African-American community, you are not a good fit for Howard and even if you have, you might be considered "too good" for them and they will yield protect. That will be your biggest issue -- getting schools to take you seriously when the assumption will be that you will choose a higher ranked school, or one that offers a full-ride over whatever lower level school you apply to.
Any advice for getting lower ranked schools to take me seriously? I feel as though I don't have an "x factor" or something that makes me stand out substantially for the higher ranked schools.

Any advice for getting lower ranked schools to take me seriously? I feel as though I don't have an "x factor" or something that makes me stand out substantially for the higher ranked schools.
How much networking have you done with students at those schools or attended any recruitment events?

How much networking have you done with students at those schools or attended any recruitment events?
Not very much so far, but I have been researching these schools in detail to see how their programs align with my goals and application.

I suggest the following. Nothing wrong with aiming high.
U MD
NYU
Columbia
JHU
WashU
Northwestern
Vanderbilt
Harvard
Yale
Cornell
U Chicago
Mayo