MD WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

irishbronco

Reaction score
Got the A! Thanks y'all :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Not able to answer your WAMC, but I notice your comment about your PS and wanted to encourage you to reach out to some trusted advisors to have them review your PS. I've heard very mixed things about experimenting too much with the PS, and you structuring it around a hobby may or may not backfire.

Reactions: 1 user
Remove UCSD since they admit few non residents with no connection to the state. You could add these schools:
St. Louis
USF Morsani
Miami
Jefferson
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Tufts
Boston University

Members don't see this ad :)
  • Rubik’s cube hobby not in W/A, but will be structuring my PS around it
  • Interest in serving underserved and marginalized populations
Who's helping you with feedback on your PS? How are you going to tie that into your interest in serving underserved/marginalized populations? Are you going for an NHSC or HPSP?

So if you are projecting until anticipated matriculation, I'll ignore those numbers as will most admissions committees. I think you're in a decent position, but more opportunities to underscore your willingness to be immersed in underserved/marginalized populations beyond just health and education (think of social determinants of health) is going to strengthen your application. Why should that community care about your Rubik's Cube hobby? I have read many problem-solving cliche personal essays, including Rubik's Cube as the allegory/analogy before.

Thanks for pointing that out. I've received positive feedback about the Rubik's Cube theme from current/admitted medical students who have looked over my PS, but I'll definitely ask my advisor about it
I suggest reading through this thread:

Strained metaphor does not tend to work out for the PS.

• Rubik’s cube hobby not in W/A, but will be structuring my PS around it
I echo what others are saying... in general, I think when people try doing something "clever" or outside the box with their personal statement, a lot of times it makes you stand out but not necessarily in a good way. For what its worth, my initial reaction on reading this is not "ooh cool" but rather an eyeroll... so do with that what you will.

• Wow
Status
Not open for further replies.