WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lalalalababababa

Reaction score
GPA: 4.0 MCAT: 503–>508
Oklahoma Resident
200 hours with family med
100-150 hours in ER in Spain (in progress)
100 hours in cancer center
community volunteering about 200 hours
D1 athlete
Study Abroad Experience
Planned Cancer Research in the Fall
Student Instructor for lower level and upper level biology courses.

I have a list of schools, want to go MD only. Would love any recommendations for schools or increasing my chances.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have any physician shadowing hours ? What is the nature of your 200 hours of community volunteering ?
The family medicine was shadowing a physician. The community volunteering includes food banks, helping paint houses, coaching and encouraging young women in sports, and helping children with special needs.

Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Oklahoma
TCU
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Belmont
NOVA MD
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Hackensack
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Alice Walton (when it opens)

As soon as you get back to the US, I would volunteer at a hospital and match the number of hours that you spent abroad volunteering there. I would add your in-state osteopathic program just in case you don't get an invitation from OU Med. I know you want to go MD only, but I think OSUCOM has more seats available to in-state applicants (please confirm). Being picky about MD vs. DO is not worth losing a year of salary as an attending.

I suggest these schools with your stats:
Oklahoma
TCU
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Belmont
NOVA MD
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Hackensack
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Alice Walton (when it opens)
Thank you so much! Are there any other schools more south you would recommend? Could I try for Colorado?

As soon as you get back to the US, I would volunteer at a hospital and match the number of hours that you spent abroad volunteering there. I would add your in-state osteopathic program just in case you don't get an invitation from OU Med.
Thank you!