WAMC/School List: (518 MCAT, 3.98 GPA) - first post!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brevity

Reaction score
deleted. thank you everyone for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You will have no problem getting interviews with your stats and application. What happens at the interview is up to you! Apply to all your state schools and add some more lower tier MD schools that are OOS friendly for safety nets.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm intrigued that you have the following on your list... are these really your safeties?
1) Western Michigan?
2) Colorado?
3) Massachusetts?
4) Maryland?
5) VCU?
6) Brown?
7) St. Louis Univ? (WashU is fine)

Reason why not (you have Harvard, Stanford, Cornell, Brown)
1) Columbia
2) Yale

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm intrigued that you have the following on your list... are these really your safeties?
1) Western Michigan?
2) Colorado?
3) Massachusetts?
4) Maryland?
5) VCU?
6) Brown?
7) St. Louis Univ? (WashU is fine)

Reason why not (you have Harvard, Stanford, Cornell, Brown)
1) Columbia
2) Yale

Regarding the 1 - 7, I'll admit that I need a better gauge of what constitutes a reasonable school versus what does not. Colorado, Mass, and Brown are places I'd love to live and thought were within reason stats-wise (but in hindsight, the term "safety" definitely doesn't apply); Maryland, VCU, and St. Louis are suggestions based on conversations with my advisor. I will add more reasonable lower tier MD schools to my list. Any suggestions would be truly appreciated.

Western Michigan should be removed from my list. It was on my MSAR favorites list at one point to take another look at, and I mistakenly included it here.

~

My advisor told me that Columbia and Yale would be "wastes of my time" and told me to choose more reasonable schools. They were initially on my list, and I'll add them back there gladly. Rather than removing those schools, I should've just added more reasonable targets in addition to my list.

I appreciate your feedback, truly. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Regarding the 1 - 7, I'll admit that I need a better gauge of what constitutes a reasonable school versus what does not. Colorado, Mass, and Brown are places I'd love to live and thought were within reason stats-wise (but in hindsight, the term "safety" definitely doesn't apply); Maryland, VCU, and St. Louis are suggestions based on conversations with my advisor. I will add more reasonable lower tier MD schools to my list. Any suggestions would be truly appreciated.

Western Michigan should be removed from my list. It was on my MSAR favorites list at one point to take another look at, and I mistakenly included it here.

~

My advisor told me that Columbia and Yale would be "wastes of my time" and told me to choose more reasonable schools. They were initially on my list, and I'll add them back there gladly. Rather than removing those schools, I should've just added more reasonable targets in addition to my list.

I appreciate your feedback, truly. Thank you!
Your stats and experiences are very similar to a med student I know currently studying at Columbia, I believe you have a decent chance getting an interview based on that! Good luck in your applications! You've got this

Your stats and experiences are very similar to a med student I know currently studying at Columbia, I believe you have a decent chance getting an interview based on that! Good luck in your applications! You've got this
I appreciate your kind words! I'll shoot my shot and see what happens. Thank you!