WAMC/School List c3.92/s3.96, 519, nontrad, CA ORM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

additionalrabbit

Reaction score
Thanks so much in advance!
  1. cGPA: 3.92. sGPA: 3.96
  2. MCAT: 519 (130/129/128/132)
  3. CA resident
  4. White female
  5. Undergrad: top tier public
  6. Clinical experience: 10,000+ hrs clinical research coordinator (5+ years full time lead roles at T10s)
  7. Research: 12 pubs (1 co-first author), 4 posters presented. Now working in research admin (2500 hrs clinical trials activation, IRB, budgets etc.) +200 undergrad lab
  8. Shadowing: listing 50 hrs in Sickle Cell and Gen Peds (underserved, urban setting) but realistically much more with CRC work
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: 200hrs - 100 hrs cooking with local food bank and independently for community fridge project, 100 Crisis Text Line
  10. Other extracurricular activities: Couple hobbies and will highlight lead roles in training CRCs/RAs, and complex research protocol development
  11. Relevant honors or awards: Pell Grant, Cal Grant, undergrad scholarship, study abroad scholarship, small grant through work for concurrent postbac coursework
  12. Anything else not listed you think might be important: Nontrad; psych/anthro double major, was exploring neuro then clin psych PhD paths because I thought a paid degree was my only option. In the meantime got tons of patient and research exp I hope will help me now! Did soul searching during pandemic and took leap to postbac while working (4.0). Ties in CA and Chicago. Ask me anything else if it would be helpful!
School list:
  • UCSF
  • UCLA
  • UCSD
  • UC Davis
  • UC Irvine
  • Northwestern
  • U Illinois Chicago
  • UChicago
  • Harvard
  • Yale
  • Columbia
  • Penn
  • Pitt
  • Cornell
  • U Michigan
  • UVA
  • Boston University
  • Tufts
  • Kaiser
  • Stanford
  • Mt. Sinai
  • CWRU
  • USC
  • University of Wisconsin
  • Dartmouth
  • Einstein?
  • JHU?
  • Cincinnati?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
UIC has very high OOS tuition. I do not suggest applying there.

Add:
Cleveland Clinic
Cincinnati
Ohio State
Einstein
Rochester
Hofstra
Iowa
Jefferson
Miami

Reactions: 1 user
Be mindful of the mission fit of the UC medical schools, especially if there is a community health focus since I'm not sure your profile fits there. With so many hours in clinical research, you make a statement that you appreciate programs that have a strong clinical research enterprise. The nonclinical community service is a little on the light side, but you probably will be okay.

Be mindful of the mission fit of the UC medical schools, especially if there is a community health focus since I'm not sure your profile fits there. With so many hours in clinical research, you make a statement that you appreciate programs that have a strong clinical research enterprise. The nonclinical community service is a little on the light side, but you probably will be okay.
Thanks so much, I agree I will likely fit best in a research-heavy program! Let me know if I'm missing any obvious choices :) Thanks

Thanks so much, I agree I will likely fit best in a research-heavy program! Let me know if I'm missing any obvious choices :) Thanks
@chilly_md beat me to making sure you added CCLCM to your CWRU application. You already had UCSF, UCLA, and UCSD on your list. Maybe Colorado... they have an entrepreneurship group there. (I would be surprised if you didn't get some attention at least from UCSF if you grew up near the Bay Area and have experience with clinical trials with populations in the region, but it is UCSF.)

Reactions: 1 user