MD & DO WAMC/School List Critique - MCAT 509, cGPA 3.81, ORM Asian

Started by azv1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

azv1

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys I’m planning to submit my primaries tomorrow night, I just wanted feedback on my school list and what I should add or remove. I don’t really have a personal limit on how many schools I apply to, I’m good with any amount.

School list attached. I’m ok with applying DO but prefer MD. Ik my mcat is probably dragging me down a lot, and will retake if this cycle doesn't work out, but hoping you guys can help me try to better my chances
IMG_7248.jpeg

Stats:
  1. cGPA = 3.81, sGPA = 3.79 (I think 3.75 in AACOMAS)
  2. MCAT = 509 (128/127/128/126)
  3. State = MI
  4. ORM, Asian
  5. Undergrad = Michigan State
  6. Clinical experience: 310 hours volunteering at a hospice, 880 hours medical assistant at an endo clinic
  7. Research experience: 480 hours in a Protein Engineering lab. 2 poster presentations and got a LOR.
  8. Shadowing experience: 108 total hours, 34 hr pediatrician, 34 hr primary care, 40 hours interventional radiology
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: 120 hours as board member of a club that pairs college students with lonely seniors to help them socialize and remain active. My job was to prepare and train students, organize pairs and any feedback forms, present and outreach to get more people, and help set up group events
  10. Tutoring: 90 hours of tutoring in a cell biology class I was in, tutored 8 other students. 25 hours of tutoring an introductory microbiology course, was referred by a former professor to tutor one student.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Your list looks good to me except look at U AZ Tucson and EVMS to see what states they consider for OOS applicants. They may favor residents of adjacent states
Thanks! Yeah I looked into it, tucson probably aint a good choice. Do you think there’s any schools I should add or is this everything worth applying to?