WAMC / School List Help (3.66 cGPA, 3.64 sGPA 512 URM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

switchtheplot

Reaction score
  • Graduating
  • 3.67 cGPA, 3.64 sGPA
  • 512 (129 CP, 128 CARS, 127BB, 128 PS)
  • California
  • African American
  • T20 School
  • 2+ years in a Research lab with 500+ hours with a co-author publication coming up!

Was apart of a medical mission to Nigeria for about two weeks! (200+ hours)

I have about 30 hours working in a clinic for a Nurse Practitioner!

Volunteered at an elementary school for 60+ hours

Volunteered at a hospital for 200+ hours!

Was a learning assistant for some of the lower division courses at my school (100 hours)

I lead an academic workshop for my lab program to help with lower div courses. (50+ hours)

2+ years as a peer counselor! (300 hours)

Attended a MD-PhD summer program!

I'm looking to apply to 30-35 schools so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I need more background information about where in California you grew up, community service that does not involve healthcare or teaching, and any networking especially through the summer research program.

I suggest these schools with your stats:
The UCs
USC Keck
Kaiser
Miami
Duke
Jefferson
Case Western
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Rochester
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
NYU
Dartmouth
Brown
Boston University
Tufts
U Michigan

I need more background information about where in California you grew up, community service that does not involve healthcare or teaching, and any networking especially through the summer research program.
Hi! I grew up in the inland empire in California and most of my community service has been teaching oriented so maybe that is something I can improve as I move forward with my app! I did volunteer mainly with POC at my school when I did teach tho! I was able to network with a few MD-PhDs and ask them for guidance moving forward after the program!