WAMC/School List Help: 508, 3.7 cGPA, ORM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justrynamakeit

Reaction score
GPA: cGPA = 3.7, sGPA = 3.55
MCAT: 508, 127/127/125/129
Ethnicity: Southeast Asian
Clinical: Paid - 1000+ hours as an MA; Unpaid - Volunteer MA at clinic I helped start up
Research: 9+ credits of biophysics, hoping to have one publish
Shadowing: 70+ hours across Rheumatology, Cardiology, Endocrinology, Anesthesia, FM, Pediatrics, OBGYN
ECS/Leadership: Helped start up a free health clinic for the underserved population. President and treasurer of a university club for 2 years. GPA straight 3.9+ dating back to the beginning of junior year (huge upward trend). 4 straight Dean’s List, 5 total. Plan to work as an MA/CRC next gap year.

Average uni, live in a state with one medical school. Really just looking for help on a school list, as well as what I should focus on in terms of volunteering/ECs. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

What is your resident state?
One MD school that I will definitely be applying too, just don't want to dox myself lol. I really do not want to have to retake as 508 is such a grey area but just looking to start a school list.

Members don't see this ad :)
One MD school that I will definitely be applying too, just don't want to dox myself lol. I really do not want to have to retake as 508 is such a grey area but just looking to start a school list.
You'll probably get lists based on stats, but understand your mission fit determines your success, which includes your geographic region. I don't think identifying your resident state will identify you, but it is your decision. Your help will be limited without more information. We are not mind readers.

You already should know which schools are affiliated with the health systems you work with in the clinic start-up.

I suggest these schools with your stats:
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Albany
Hackensack
Drexel
Temple
Penn State
George Washington
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Wake forest
NOVA MD
Tulane
TCU
Creighton
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Belmont (new school)
Any other new schools that open in 2024 (American University, Methodist University, Alice Walton , Roseman)
Also apply to DO schools and I suggest these:
NYITCOM
Touro-NY
LECOM
PCOM
CUSOM
MU-COM
CCOM
AZCOM
TUNCOM
DMU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM

Reactions: 1 user
GPA: cGPA = 3.7, sGPA = 3.55
MCAT: 508, 127/127/125/129
Ethnicity: Southeast Asian (ORM)
State of Residence: Prefer not to say, small state with one medical school
Clinical: Paid - 1100+ hours as an MA; Unpaid - Volunteer MA at clinic I helped start up, Prospective EMT from June onwards.
Research: 12 credits (300 hours) of biophysics, hoping to have one publish/presentation. Really just wet lab stuff, nothing eye-popping
Shadowing: 70+ hours across Rheumatology, Cardiology, Endocrinology, Anesthesia, FM, Pediatrics, OBGYN
Leadership: President and treasurer of a university club for 2 years. Student Leader on campus helping with career and resume questions (200 hours).
Volunteering: Helped start up a free health clinic for the underserved population, still have not seen patients yet but hopefully this summer (this is an MME, 70+ hours). Cancer Support volunteer (40 hours), local mosque volunteer (200 hours),
Extra: Intramural soccer/basketball all four years. GPA straight 3.9+ dating back to the beginning of junior year (huge upward trend). 4 straight Dean’s List, 5 total. Plan to work as an MA/CRC next gap year, and get EMT this summer.

Really just looking for edits on my current school list, as well as what I should focus on in terms of volunteering/ECs. Thank you!
  1. Nova Southern
  2. West Virginia University
  3. Eastern Virginia
  4. Indiana
  5. University of Wisconsin
  6. University of Vermont
  7. Loyola University
  8. Geisinger Commonwealth
  9. Cooper Rowan
  10. Albany
  11. University of Toledo
  12. Wright State University
  13. University of Minnesota
  14. University of Kansas
  15. Rush Medical
  16. Wayne State University
  17. Lewis Katz
  18. Pennsylvania State University
  19. Quinnipiac University
  20. Oakland Beaumont
  21. Medical College of Wisconsin
  22. Wake Forest University
  23. TCU
  24. Tulane University
  25. Florida International
  26. Belmont University

You have many state public schools on your list that admit few applicants with no connection to the state or region. Rush and Loyola expect many hundreds or thousands of hours of non clinical volunteering. I suggest these schools with your stats:
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Albany
Hackensack
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Wake Forest