WAMC/School list help: cGPA: 3.57 MCAT: 522

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1181426

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
  1. cGPA: 3.57 sGPA: 3.77 (sGPA is also the GPA during my postbac)
  2. MCAT: 522
  3. State of residence: KY
  4. ORM
  5. Undergraduate: State School, Postbac was at Columbia
  6. Clinical experience: worked 1 year as EMT
  7. Research experience and productivity: ~400 hrs as a clinical research intern
  8. Shadowing experience: ~80 hours
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: ~1500 hrs at youth sports complex
I am a non-trad worked in accounting for about 2 years before enrolling in the postbac.

I obviously will be applying to state schools but I’m not really sure where else to apply because of my lower end gpa and higher end mcat and because I did a postbac.

Thanks for the help!
What is the nature of your non-clinical volunteering? Did it involve activities like soup kitchen work or anything related to working with underserved populations?

I suggest these schools with your stats:
Louisville
Kentucky
West Virginia
Indiana
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Jefferson
Georgetown
George Washington
Hofstra
Einstein
Columbia
Mount Sinai
Rochester
New York Medical College
Boston University
Tufts
Dartmouth
Duke
Emory
USF Morsani
Miami
Vanderbilt
Tulane
St. Louis
Washington University (in St. Louis)
Northwestern
Western Michigan
Mayo (both schools)

Members don't see this ad :)
What is the nature of your non-clinical volunteering? Did it involve activities like soup kitchen work or anything related to working with underserved

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you grow up in rural Kentucky? What were your responsibilities at the youth sports complex? Do you have any other community service activities where you are comforting individuals in dire need or distress and where you show a comfort level being uncomfortable?

If you did a postbac, did you connect with your prehealth advisor there? What advice have they given you regarding a school list?