WAMC, School list help for Reapplicant

Started by Swanster
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Utah, Arizona Tucson, UNLV are more friendly to those from Utah, Nevada, Arizona, and California.
See the qualifying states for UNLV in red text in this post: here
EVMS accepts mostly regional applicants
You could add Arizona State, a new (starts this year) school which values engineering. and Carle Illinois (likewise engineering + med)
Texas A&M EnMed also values engineering and is on a separate checkbox on the TMDSAS app.

You mention you will be a reapplicant, did you apply really late or something this time? Your application looks pretty strong to me
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Utah, Arizona Tucson, UNLV are more friendly to those from Utah, Nevada, Arizona, and California.
See the qualifying states for UNLV in red text in this post: here
EVMS accepts mostly regional applicants
You could add Arizona State, a new (starts this year) school which values engineering. and Carle Illinois (likewise engineering + med)
Texas A&M EnMed also values engineering and is on a separate checkbox on the TMDSAS app.

You mention you will be a reapplicant, did you apply really late or something this time? Your application looks pretty strong to me
Thanks for the feedback! Will adjust my plan. A calamity of errors on my end led to a weak showing this application cycle, and I really do have some meaningful reflection why I want medicine more because of it. Late application combined with weak writing led to me receiving 0 IIs in the TMDSAS process. This will be the first time I apply to OOS schools, and I want to do everything I can to avoid a 3rd cycle.
 
Thanks for the feedback! Will adjust my plan. A calamity of errors on my end led to a weak showing this application cycle, and I really do have some meaningful reflection why I want medicine more because of it. Late application combined with weak writing led to me receiving 0 IIs in the TMDSAS process. This will be the first time I apply to OOS schools, and I want to do everything I can to avoid a 3rd cycle.
Do your homework.


Don't be sloppy, and start looking at secondary essay prompts if you're going to do OOS applications. Don't repeat your mistakes with AMCAS or AACOMAS. No more excuses.


Also:
1. Fill out the Fall 2026 applicant experience survey
2. and the HPSA/SDN Prehealth Scholarship if you are eligible
3. Becoming a Student Doctor to prepare your secondaries and a new approach to personal statements, essays, and knowing what your future will focus on in medicine and society. DM for a discount code.