WAMC/School list help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocAfri

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Would appreciate some help, thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
You are competitive for all of of the Ballpark and Reach schools. Add your state public schools if not listed already. You could potentially receive interviews at the Hella Reach and Dream schools.

Reactions: 1 users
You are competitive for all of of the Ballpark and Reach schools. Add your state public schools if not listed already. You could potentially receive interviews at the Hella Reach and Dream schools.
Would recommend any specific schools of the latter two lists based on my qualifications?

You're golden. Pick any school...it's yours.

Hey y'all I have a recommender who basically told me that she would need a list of schools I'm applying to and why I'm applying to each. I need help putting together a list of schools so I can try to get this to her ASAP. Please help me out, thanks!

Lizzy M: 71.1
MCAT: 516 ( 130/129/128/129)
GPA: 3.6
URM: AA female
Top 15 undergrad

***currently working on adding up hours***

Volunteering:

-One of about 20 students in scholar program for community involvement, 2 academic years of community planning and involvement work
-mentor to underclassmen, two semesters ( still in touch as needed)
-Habitat for humanity ~45 hours of building

Shadowing:
-Intern abroad at medical center, worked with children to address health issues and prevent school drop out in community 3 months ( also volunteering)
-scribing

Research:
-1 academic year sociology research
-1 semester of chemistry research with podium presentation

Extracurricular:
-president of pre-medical student group through which I volunteered at local hospital, planned different philanthropy, mentorship and leadership events.( 1 year as president, two years as member)
-event planner for large event as member of minority pre-med society
-Team member of national organization for global work, organized a national conference as part of group ( 1 year)

Employment:
-work study in customer service for 1 academic year
-tutor as part of work-study ( 1.5 yrs)

Other/hobbies:
raised money as part of community effort for refugees
won second place in an international writing contest on societal issues
award for student organization
school profiles on my activities
scholarships
reading, running, soccer, singing

LORs:
3 science, 1 non-science, 2 activity

Tentative List:

Ballpark:
Tulane
Albany
Rush
Hofstra
Kimmel
WakeForest
Tufts
GW
Gtown
St. Louis

Reach:
Brown
Keck
UCLA-Geffen
Emory
Mayo

Hella Reach:
Dartmouth
Boston U
Cornell
UPenn
Ichan
Pittsburgh
Duke
Northwestern

Dreams:
Columbia
Stanford
NYU
Uchicago
WashU
Johns Hopkins

I guess it took awhile to see if you were serious.
Decide where you want to go. Interview and get acceptances early.
Spend countless hours before April 30th posting on School X vs Y forums.
Enjoy the ride

I guess it took awhile to see if you were serious.
Decide where you want to go. Interview and get acceptances early.
Spend countless hours before April 30th posting on School X vs Y forums.
Enjoy the ride
sorry, if I was serious how so?

Your stats are great, you will get in most places if not all. I would focus on deciding the final number you want to apply to. With your stats I would suggest trimming it down to around 30 schools (you have the stats, be confident in that). Having a good mix of target, reach and dream schools is wise (maybe make 8-10 within each group). I would focus on crafting your personal statements, work activities and secondary essays to tell a complete and compelling story of why medicine. Feel free to PM me. Best of luck!