This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jdentalm

Reaction score
Date of submission:

Overall GPA:3.54

Science GPA:3.55

Bio-Chem-Physics GPA:3.55

DAT score (include AA and all sections): 27 AA, 30 TS, 30 all science sections, 24 QR, 21 RC, 24 PAT

State of Residence: Virginia

Major: Biology

Minor: n/a

Minority?
No

Reapplicant? No

Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience:
150+, with a variety of specialties

Volunteering Experience: 150+, working with refugees and tutoring children

Employment: 200+, Dental assistant

Research: None );

Other Extracurriculars: Not really anything big, I was a part of UNICEF club until covid but no leadership

Relevant Honors or Awards: Deans list my last 3 semesters

LOR type and strength: 3 science professors- ok strength, 1 dentist- Very strong

Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: Did pass/fail on two classes (ART and communications)

School list: Need help to bring the list down (would prefer to be in northeast)

-Vcu, Columbia, NYU, Stony Brook, Tuoro, Rutgers, Boston, Tufts, UConn, Upenn, Upitt, Temple, UMD, Lake Erie, Nova, Detriot Mercy, Umich, UCSF, UOP, USC, UCLA

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely do not need 21 schools, gonna need to narrow that down to max 10 schools. Do not get a top heavy list. Narrow down your top schools - Columbia, UCLA, UCSF, UPenn, UMich, UoP to like 3 schools, if east coast then Columbia, UPenn, and Michigan. You’re sorta east coast and west coast schools I would try to narrow down to a one and focus there. Since you’re from Virginia I would concentrate there unless you really want to go west coast, but the schools will cost a lot being OOS and difficult to get into. Just keep that in mind.

Reactions: 1 user
Date of submission:

Overall GPA:3.54

Science GPA:3.55

Bio-Chem-Physics GPA:3.55

DAT score (include AA and all sections): 27 AA, 30 TS, 30 all science sections, 24 QR, 21 RC, 24 PAT

State of Residence: Virginia

Major: Biology

Minor: n/a

Minority?
No

Reapplicant? No

Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience:
150+, with a variety of specialties

Volunteering Experience: 150+, working with refugees and tutoring children

Employment: 200+, Dental assistant

Research: None );

Other Extracurriculars: Not really anything big, I was a part of UNICEF club until covid but no leadership

Relevant Honors or Awards: Deans list my last 3 semesters

LOR type and strength: 3 science professors- ok strength, 1 dentist- Very strong

Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: Did pass/fail on two classes (ART and communications)

School list: Need help to bring the list down (would prefer to be in northeast)

-Vcu, Columbia, NYU, Stony Brook, Tuoro, Rutgers, Boston, Tufts, UConn, Upenn, Upitt, Temple, UMD, Lake Erie, Nova, Detriot Mercy, Umich, UCSF, UOP, USC, UCLA
remove nyu, detroit mercy, nova, and usc and lecom- stat
columbia, upenn, umich, ucla, ucsf choose 10 schools if you include 2 of these schools, for each one you add, you need to add another to the total...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
remove nyu, detroit mercy, nova, and usc and lecom- stat
columbia, upenn, umich, ucla, ucsf choose 10 schools if you include 2 of these schools, for each one you add, you need to add another to the total...
Why the removal of those five schools?

Definitely do not need 21 schools, gonna need to narrow that down to max 10 schools. Do not get a top heavy list. Narrow down your top schools - Columbia, UCLA, UCSF, UPenn, UMich, UoP to like 3 schools, if east coast then Columbia, UPenn, and Michigan. You’re sorta east coast and west coast schools I would try to narrow down to a one and focus there. Since you’re from Virginia I would concentrate there unless you really want to go west coast, but the schools will cost a lot being OOS and difficult to get into. Just keep that in mind.
Do you think ten schools is a broad enough net, I am really worried that I won't get any acceptances after all the horror stories I read about people with high stats not getting in.

Do you think ten schools is a broad enough net, I am really worried that I won't get any acceptances after all the horror stories I read about people with high stats not getting in.
10 schools is enough given your GPA and dat. Apply broadly. Have reach schools, targets and safety’s and you should be fine. High stat indiv don’t get in because they apply to the most difficult schools and zero safety’s and magically expect to get in. Stats open the door, still need to close it with the interview and rest of your app.

your dat science was perfect!
you don't need to have many schools unless you apply to a bunch of supercompetitive schools...