WAMC/School List - ORM/3.53 GPA/3.42 sGPA/3.85-3.93 expected mGPA/521 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ncpremed245

Reaction score
Hello,

I am a ORM(Asian) applicant from NC.

1. cGPA: 3.53
sGPA: 3.42
mGPA: 3.95 (so far)

2. MCAT Score: 521 (130/130/130/131)

3. State of Residence: North Carolina

4. Ethnicity: Asian (Pakistani)

5. Undergraduate Institution: North Carolina State University

6. Clinical Experience:

190 Hours Volunteering at local public hospital (flagship hospital)
500-600 Hours as CNA in Adult Assisted Living

7. 300 Hours in Chemistry Research (Own research funded by school, no pubs)
100 hours in research with local hospital for epilepsy (still ongoing)

8. 120 Hours Shadowing across Pediatric Neurology, Internal Medicine and Pediatrics (Family medicine)

9. 40 Hours at Habitat For Humanity
50 Hours volunteering at Autism and Disability Center
150 Hours as local tutor for elementary and middle school children
40 Hours volunteering with disabled children in local middle school

10. 2.5 years spent as a teachers assistant for Organic Chemistry 1 and 2
4 years as president of youth comittee at local mosque
Member of School genetics club

11. n/a

School List:

Wake Forest, ECU, UNC, Duke, Albany, Rochester, Emory, UPitt, Sinai, Stanford, Tufts, Temple, Hackensack, USC (Southern California), Dartmouth, Georgetown, Sidney Kimmel, UMiami, Hofstra, Einstein, Quinnipac, MC Wisconsin, Cincinatti

Members don't see this ad.

Some of your schools are reaches with your GPAs. I suggest these schools with your stats:
UNC
ECU
Wake Forest
Duke
NOVA MD
USF Morsani
Miami
Tulane
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Georgetown
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Pittsburgh
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Albany
Rochester
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Tufts
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Creighton

Where are you doing your master's degree? How much help are you getting from the master's program? You have a lot of work with disabled children or elderly adults. Is there a reason why you are not pursuing a health career that works closer with these populations (PT's, OT's, SLP's, etc.)? What were your responsibilities at those centers?

Where are you doing your master's degree? How much help are you getting from the master's program? You have a lot of work with disabled children or elderly adults. Is there a reason why you are not pursuing a health career that works closer with these populations (PT's, OT's, SLP's, etc.)? What were your responsibilities at those centers?
I am doing my masters degree at NC state. Honestly not receiving much help from the masters, it is mostly set up to be a GPA and sGPA booster. I enjoy working with these communities, but I have always felt like I could do more to help these communities by becoming a physician and advocating for them from my physician, as I have seen that they are often left on the backburners by a lot of their treating physicians from talk I have had with the families of the elderly residents that I take care of and the families of the disabled children that I help. . At the Autism and Disability Center, we set up events such as Science Nights or Book Readings and monitored the children while they did their activities, and on occasion sat with them if they needed to be watched one on one. At the school, I sit in the classroom and help the teachers with anything they need, and also help watch the children and make sure that they stay on task, as well as interact with them through games, movies and activities.