WAMC/School list (reapplicant, non-trad, 3.38s/3.54c, 523)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hungobungobug

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Clarify residency: so you say you'll declare as CA but you have ties to NY? I need to know how you are justifying either choice.

So your grad GPA is with your MPH/MPA and may not have addressed any undergrad science issues. What were your undergrad year-by-year GPAs, and how did you do in upper-level biomedical science courses?

I wish you could get more balance with your homeless shelter work hours with the crisis line hours.

Clarify residency: so you say you'll declare as CA but you have ties to NY? I need to know how you are justifying either choice.

So your grad GPA is with your MPH/MPA and may not have addressed any undergrad science issues. What were your undergrad year-by-year GPAs, and how did you do in upper-level biomedical science courses?

I wish you could get more balance with your homeless shelter work hours with the crisis line hours.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I moved to NY for my master's, before that was in CA, and my parents are in CA. I thought I could claim either as I have a permanent address for both. I would like to move back to CA, which was my reasoning for claiming that but not sure if this is misguided.

That's correct, there was one graduate-level science course that I took for the master's. I don't think I have an upward trend for GPA, but thought that my more recent MCAT would balance that out. BCPM year by year was 3.31, 3.34, 3,34, 3,77. Cum was 3.52, 3.54, 3.40, 3.72.

yes, I, unfortunately, had to take a large break from the homeless shelter volunteering so trying to rack up those hours now. Does this look like a red flag?
Shelter work: It's a red flag not to have enough person-facing service orientation activities (text line usually is not). If you can get back to it or find something else that works, that would help you.

Without a transcript, it's hard to say you have done enough to mollify concerns about your academic preparation. As an immigrant, when did you arrive in the United States?

There are a few schools that may help you out with a focus on health policy, though I also will note getting involved in national student organizations will also open those opportunities up (AMSA, SNMA, etc.) from lobbying days to fellowships. Have you reached out to student leaders of these chapters who attend the schools that are high on your wishlist?

Shelter work: It's a red flag not to have enough person-facing service orientation activities (text line usually is not). If you can get back to it or find something else that works, that would help you.

Without a transcript, it's hard to say you have done enough to mollify concerns about your academic preparation. As an immigrant, when did you arrive in the United States?

There are a few schools that may help you out with a focus on health policy, though I also will note getting involved in national student organizations will also open those opportunities up (AMSA, SNMA, etc.) from lobbying days to fellowships. Have you reached out to student leaders of these chapters who attend the schools that are high on your wishlist?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Tufts
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Rochester
New York Medical College
Albany
Hackensack
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Georgetown
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Wake Forest
USF Morsani
Miami
NOVA MD
Tulane
TCU
Creighton
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Cincinnati
California University
Kaiser
USC Keck
The UCs (except Riverside unless you are from that region)

I am continuing the homeless shelter volunteering now.

I arrived when I was very young, so technically a 1.5-generation immigrant.

I have not, what would your recommendation be for contacting them?
Yes. Read

Take advantage of opinions from your masters' program faculty who know you best and probably know the schools that would best fit your interests.