WAMC/School List URM 522/3.84

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedwhoops

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Just trying to figure out a school list as I head into my last semester of college, trying to fill In the gaps where I can so please let me know if I should tweak my list/add or remove any schools- taking a gap year to do research

State/Country of Residence: PA
Ties to other States/Regions: none
URM? (Y/N): Y, URM F and FGLI
Year in School: Senior, c/o 2022 - top 8 undergrad
Undergraduate Major(s)/Minor(s): Major- Biology, Minor- Medical Sociology
Graduate Degrees (if applicable): n/a
Cumulative GPA: 3.84
Science GPA: 3.79
MCAT Score(s): 522
note- immigrant to U.S, have special interest in public health and working with undeserved communities and pursuing health equity- considering MD/MPH

Research Experience: Have been in research since freshman year, 2 years in an Autism research lab (name on abstract and publication), 1 year in Cardiology research lab - name on publication, 2 years in Neuro/Orthapedics lab- name on 4 publications, working on own project for senior thesis, will hopefully result in first-author publication, and name on Biostat abstract/poster from summer program (UCSP)
Total research hours- probably 1000-1500?
Publications/Abstracts/Posters (include how you were credited e.g. first author, second author, etc.): see above, overall 6 publications, 3 abstracts no first author but ideally by end of year

Clinical Experience (paid or volunteer): 200 hours volunteering at hospital, trying to get to 300/350 by end of year
Physician Shadowing: None yet, have doctors who I've done research with over the summer to shadow- will start over break to get 100+ hours by end of year
Non-Clinical Volunteering: PALS summer volunteer- works with disabled community- about 300 hours, volunteering through sorority- 50 hours, club/extracurricular volunteering in community- 100 hours

Other Extracurricular Activities: Competitive 9 week summer program- attending lectures and working on research project with MD mentor- present at conclusion, Panhellenic Council, Sorority PR chair, Global Medicine club Committee head, IR club committee, Women in Biomed Club, Mental Health Club executive council

Other Employment History: Worked as an assistant teacher/tech support for a summer camp serving underserved inner-city communities

Immediate family members in medicine? (Y/N): Y- Nurse (returned to school after immigrating to U.S)
Specialty of Interest (if applicable): N/A
Interest in Primary Care (Y/N): Maybe
Interest in Rural Health (Y/N): N

USC Keck
Mount Sinai
Cornell Weill
Harvard lol
Yale
Stanford
Darmouth
Duke
Brown
University of Colardo
UMD
Albert Einstein
Georgetown
Perelman
Columnia
NYU
Sydney Kimmel
UCLA
Uchicago
Northwestern
UMich
Pitt
Kaider
Wash U
UMiami

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You can probably go where ever you want lol. Not sure why you have “lol” next to Harvard haha. You have killer stats, URM, and good ECs! As long you don’t write absolutely terribly, I mean really bad, you should have a great cycle!

Reactions: 1 user