• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

WAMC/ School List URM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenDuck12

7+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2014
  1. Medical Student
How long have you lived in MA? MA requires 7 years by matriculation to be considered a resident. If not a MA resident, do you know if you would still quality for residency in NY?

swole_doc

2+ Year Member
May 1, 2017
  1. Pre-Medical
I've lived here for 6 years since starting college in 2014 (even filed my state taxes here, not sure if that counts). Not sure if I would still qualify as NY resident but I can look into that.

About the Ads

GreenDuck12

7+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2014
  1. Medical Student
I've lived here for 6 years since starting college in 2014 (even filed my state taxes here, not sure if that counts). Not sure if I would still qualify as NY resident but I can look into that.

You can check to see if being a student in MA still counts towards the residency year requirement but I don’t think they do. If that’s the case, I would not apply to UMass and would instead apply to NY schools. Others can comment on other schools to add.

Reactions: 1 user

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
  1. Attending Physician
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
UCLA Drew
UMass
Tufts