MD & DO WAMC/School List/Weak Clinical

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TMB-trying

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your clinical exposure hours are more than adequate. I suggest these schools with your stats:
UCSF
UCLA
UCSD
USC Keck
UC Davis
UC Irvine
UC Riverside (if you are from that region)
Stanford
Mayo
Washington University (in St. Louis)
Carle Illinois (you fit their profile)
Vanderbilt
Northwestern
U Chicago
U Michigan
Case Western
Cincinnati
Duke
U Virginia
Johns Hopkins
U Penn
Hofstra
NYU
Mount Sinai
Cornell
Columbia
Dartmouth
Yale
Harvard
Brown

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you so much for your detailed response - I really appreciate it :). I was wondering if you had any suggestions for how I can get to know these schools you suggest better?

Members don't see this ad :)
I truly appreciate everyone’s help! I read through the thread and will take the advice. However, I did have a concern about the suggested school list - given my lack in leadership and shadowing, as well as CA residence, is it appropriate to apply so top-heavy? I’m concerned because I know these past few cycles have been really rough for everyone and a lot of incredibly deserving people didn’t get acceptances at all. Should I be adding other schools with higher acceptance rates to this list, and if so, are there any suggestions for what they may be given my research heavy background?

I truly appreciate everyone’s help! I read through the thread and will take the advice. However, I did have a concern about the suggested school list - given my lack in leadership and shadowing, as well as CA residence, is it appropriate to apply so top-heavy? I’m concerned because I know these past few cycles have been really rough for everyone and a lot of incredibly deserving people didn’t get acceptances at all. Should I be adding other schools with higher acceptance rates to this list, and if so, are there any suggestions for what they may be given my research heavy background?
Your metrics will get your application a lot of attention but your mission fit will be crucial. You determine where you will apply, but a 3.9/526 means that you can take chances for prestigious brands provided that is where you want to go.

Again, do your homework and networking. Make the schools want you.

Reactions: 1 user
A 526 and essentially a 4.0 GPA means many schools will assume you will go somewhere else. Faha's list includes schools that interview the majority of their high stat applicants (Vandy and WUSTL). Hofstra, Brown and UVA are good as they often hope to land high caliber applicants.

Your shadowing is fine. 70 hours is plenty.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you very much for everyone’s help! I’ll take everyone’s advice and study these schools suggested and their mission statements, as well as network diligently! I just had one last question - should I be concerned about being from CA and my lack of leadership, and how should that factor in how I choose my school list?

Being from CA is not an issue for any of the schools I listed. Also lack of leadership is not an issue with your stats and ECs.

Reactions: 1 users