WAMC / School list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

68wdogdad

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am definitely looking for some guidance after receiving my MCAT results today.

Missouri resident currently attending the University of Kansas (set to graduate spring of 2019)
sgpa: 3.91
cgpa: 3.84
MCAT: 498 123/124/126/125 I could make a million excuses but at the end of the day I did not perform on test day.

I served for four years in the army as a combat medic with a strong amount of leadership experience at an early age.

I am currently serving as the medical non-commissioned officer for an army reserve unit in KCMO. ( two years so far)

Since leaving active duty I have worked as a personal trainer, in addition, I have also been fortunate enough to take part in Alzheimer's research through the University of Kansas Medical Center (~125 total hours)

I have also volunteered at my reserve unit handling medical paperwork for reservist's and veterans (~25
hours)

strong LORs from a .mil PA, gen chem professor, biochem professor and a DO

I am already planning on retaking the exam mid to late August, but do I have a shot anywhere as I currently stand?

Thank you in advance

** Also, sorry for any grammatical mistakes, currently typing this in the back of a Humvee.

Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I am definitely looking for some guidance after receiving my MCAT results today.

Missouri resident currently attending the University of Kansas (set to graduate spring of 2019)
sgpa: 3.91
cgpa: 3.84
MCAT: 498 123/124/126/125 I could make a million excuses but at the end of the day I did not perform on test day.

I served for four years in the army as a combat medic with a strong amount of leadership experience at an early age.

I am currently serving as the medical non-commissioned officer for an army reserve unit in KCMO. ( two years so far)

Since leaving active duty I have worked as a personal trainer, in addition, I have also been fortunate enough to take part in Alzheimer's research through the University of Kansas Medical Center (~125 total hours)

I have also volunteered at my reserve unit handling medical paperwork for reservist's and veterans (~25
hours)

strong LORs from a .mil PA, gen chem professor, biochem professor and a DO

I am already planning on retaking the exam mid to late August, but do I have a shot anywhere as I currently stand?

Thank you in advance

** Also, sorry for any grammatical mistakes, currently typing this in the back of a Humvee.

Thanks again!
Not an adcom member, but your military experience will give you a HUGE advantage. I’m willing to bet you have a good chance as your stats stand, but if you retake and break the 500 mark, you’re going to be in great standing. Thank you for your service, sir.

Reactions: 2 users
Not an adcom member, but your military experience will give you a HUGE advantage. I’m willing to bet you have a good chance as your stats stand, but if you retake and break the 500 mark, you’re going to be in great standing. Thank you for your service, sir.
I concur.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, study for a few more months, retake the MCAT and apply MD as soon as the app cycle opens next year,
You have a stellar GPA and the military service/medical experience is a huge plus.

Get a 508+ and you'd be a shoo in imho.

As is, you're still competitive for the majority (if not all) of DO schools.

Thanks for all the awesome feedback guys, I really appreciate it. Would anyone be able to help me out with a list of schools?
@Goro would you mind giving your opinion?

Thanks for all the awesome feedback guys, I really appreciate it. Would anyone be able to help me out with a list of schools?
@Goro would you mind giving your opinion?
DMU and KCUMB are military friendly. I’m sure others are too, but those are the only 2 I’m familiar with in this respect

Honestly I think you're fine
Amazing GPA + military service + solid EC's/LOR's, even with a low MCAT, you're good for at least the newer schools

Apply broadly and be sure to include ICOM, ARCOM, RVU-Utah, BCOM, MUCOM, and other new ones
I also say apply to VCOM since they love high GPA's

Honestly I think you're fine
Amazing GPA + military service + solid EC's/LOR's, even with a low MCAT, you're good for at least the newer schools

Apply broadly and be sure to include ICOM, ARCOM, RVU-Utah, BCOM, MUCOM, and other new ones
I also say apply to VCOM since they love high GPA's
Awesome! I'll make sure to add those schools. Thanks!