Jun 15, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Hello, I am recent Rutgers, New Brunswick graduate and I am planning on applying this cycle. Please comment/critique my list of schools based on my stats and extracurriculars. Thank you.

Overall GPA: 3.605
Science GPA: 3.55
DAT score: AA-23 TS-22 BIO-22 CHEM-22 ORGO-21 PAT-22 RC-29 QR-21
State of Residence: NJ

Undergrad Attended: Rutgers, New Brunswick
Major: Cell Bio & Neuroscience (1 major)
Minor: Japanese
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No, taking a gap year

Shadowing Experience: 108 hours, general dentist, sterilization+cleaning
Volunteering Experience: 40 hours knitting for charity
Employment: 1296 hours front desk at pediatrician's office, 300 hours as home health aide
Research: 648 hours neuropsych animal lab, wet and dry lab, one co-author paper being worked on
Other Extracurriculars: Rutgers Gateway to Dentistry June 2020 participant and UPENN Summer Dental Academy June 2019 participant
LOR type and strength: Committee (Submitted letters from Orgo, Biochem, Advanced Japanese profs as well as Research PI, and Dentist)
Relevant Honors or Awards: Dean's list 4 semesters, Cum Laude graduate from Rutgers
School list:
RSDM
UPenn
UPitt
Temple
UConn
Stony Brook
University at Buffalo
Columbia
BU GSDM
UCSF
UMinnesota
UOP
Tufts
UMD
NYU

Last edited:

S_Diamond_DDS

5+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
You’re good everywhere and fine school list. Just ride the wave and you’ll get into one of those schools.

Reactions: 1 user

the5

2+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Should be good to go, Had Similar DAT and Lower GPA and applied late in August and can see Results below.

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads
Jun 15, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Thanks for the replies, thought my gpa would drag me down a bit but now I'm relieved somewhat. Thinking of sending my app sometime in before July.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.