WAMC/School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

simplylemonade

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You may have to look into an SMP If you don't get an acceptance this cycle. I would agree that the HBCU schools and in-state should be on your list at least, and I'll let everyone else make lists.

Have you been involved with any academic enrichment programs for UIM/URM students (high school to undergraduate)? Have you been connected with mentors or anyone in SNMA? What outreach have you done to connect with students/schools on your wishlist?

Reactions: 1 user
I suggest these schools with your stats:
U Washington
Washington State
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
UCLA Drew
TCU-UNT
Tulane
Miami
Emory
Georgetown
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Pittsburgh
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Wayne State
Indiana
Medical College Wisconsin
Loyola
Creighton
Vermont
Quinnipiac
The GPA-MCAT grid shows you have a ~90% chance for a MD acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
You may have to look into an SMP If you don't get an acceptance this cycle. I would agree that the HBCU schools and in-state should be on your list at least, and I'll let everyone else make lists.

Have you been involved with any academic enrichment programs for UIM/URM students (high school to undergraduate)? Have you been connected with mentors or anyone in SNMA? What outreach have you done to connect with students/schools on your wishlist?

Unfortunately, I have not been involved with anything like that. I was fairly discouraged after starting undergrad without a lot of support from advisors/poor grades and sort of counted myself out from medicine entirely for a while. Building my study skills/getting more clinical exposure over the past couple of years has really cemented my drive for medicine and I am willing to do what it takes to make things work, even if that means taking a third gap year (currently on track for 2 if I apply this cycle). Do you have any suggestions for SMPs or other programs that could be worthwhile for me to look into? I have not done any outreach to students/MD schools other than attending a few fairs/panels.

See Goro’s guide:

Reactions: 1 users
See Goro’s guide:

Do you think I have a decent shot if I apply this year with my MCAT/GPA combination, or should I start looking at reinvention options now?

Do you think I have a decent shot if I apply this year with my MCAT/GPA combination, or should I start looking at reinvention options now?
You can apply this year, chances are good at your state schools and some of the other ones Faha listed. The bit of an upward trend you have could help. If you could ace the courses you currently are in this semester, that would be good.