WAMC? thanks for all input

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

haveagoodday!

Reaction score
How to format your WAMC thread:

Suggested information to include when creating a WAMC thread are as follows:

Date of submission: 06/27
Overall GPA: 3.96
Science GPA: 4.0
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 4.0
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 21AA/ 22TS/ 17RC/ 19PAT
State of Residence: California

Undergrad Attended: community college then transfer to UC, Irvine
Major: Biology
Minor:
Minority?
No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 200 hrs at Pediatric dentist/ 112 Hrs at general dentist/ 128 hrs with a cosmetic dentist ( all of my shadowing experience is to assist dr with procedures)
Volunteering Experience: 600 hrs of volunteering (volunteer to the music show each summer to raise funds for underprivileged students in Vietnam; volunteer to cook meals for the less fortunate; volunteer to make Faceshield during covid, visiting nursing home)
Employment: 2 years of dental assistants
Research: 125 hrs independent research- present at the symposium
Other Extracurriculars: multiple leadership positions including being position in the student government and club officers (about 900 hrs from the past 4 years)
Relevant Honors or Awards: scholarship from my school, exceptional leadership award, best oral presentation at the research symposium.
LOR type and strength: 1from dentist + 3 science professor (Human Phisiology+ genchem + ochem)
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags:
School list:
_UCLA, UCSF, Loma Linda, Westernu, UOP, USC (bc it is instate school)
_Midwestern- AZ (near CA)
_Columbia, Upenn (reputation, good research program)
_OHSU (I have family living there, so i don't need to care much about accommodation, plus OHSU is oos friendly school)
I want to go to a specialty (ortho or pediatric) after 4 years of dental school. Should I add more schools to my list? do you have any recommendations? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Shadowing Experience: 200 hrs at Pediatric dentist/ 112 Hrs general dentist/ 128 hrs with cosmetic dentist
Employment: 2 years of dental assistants
Any of your DA experience related to your shadowing experience?
Volunteering Experience: 600 hrs of volunteering
Could you go into detail about this?
Other Extracurriculars: multiple leadership positions (about 900 hrs from the past 4 years)
Is this separate or related to your volunteering experience? Please go into detail.
School list: UCLA, UCSF, Loma Linda, Westernu, UOP, USC, Midwestern, Columbia, Upenn, OHSU.
I want to go to specialty after 4 years of dental school. Should I add more schools to my list? do you have any recommendations? thanks
What specialty are you thinking about?

I don't know what your priorities are, but staying close to home is usually expected. I don't know about your chances at OHSU as a California applicant. I assume Midwestern-AZ not IL. You flew over UNLV and possibly the Utah schools to pick up the Ivies... I'm guessing because you want to, but I'm not sure if you have given me enough confidence with your research experience or desire for a culture shift to live and work near Manhattan or Philly.

Is this separate or related to your volunteering experience? Please go into detail.

I don't know what your priorities are, but staying close to home is usually expected. I don't know about your chances at OHSU as a California applicant. I assume Midwestern-AZ not IL. You flew over UNLV and possibly the Utah schools to pick up the Ivies... I'm guessing because you want to, but I'm not sure if you have given me enough confidence with your research experience or desire for a culture shift to live and work near Manhattan or PhilI

I don't know what your priorities are, but staying close to home is usually expected. I don't know about your chances at OHSU as a California applicant. I assume Midwestern-AZ not IL. You flew over UNLV and possibly the Utah schools to pick up the Ivies... I'm guessing because you want to, but I'm not sure if you have given me enough confidence with your research experience or desire for a culture shift to live and work near Manhattan or Philly.
I just updated my post. Thank you so much!